What's new

My Home theater is Finally Finished! (for now...) (1 Viewer)

Vance V

Grip
It's nothing special but after a year in the making, it's finally open for business. :)
Enjoy the pictures and please let me know what you guys/gals think.
------------------
Vance
My HT Pics

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'd say it is a lot more than "nothing special". Very nice theater, Vance
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
Good thing you clairfied "for now" in your threads title because you know HTs are never finished.
BTW, where did you get the black ceiling tiles? I'd like to put black tiles over my ceiling to make the room darker. Did you just paint white ones?
Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
RonSig.jpg
The Green Room

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Vance that is a real cozy looking room..Looks like your daughter is really enjoying it.
Just a question,,Most big screen set-ups that I have seen have the center channel on the bottom of the screen,,I noticed yours was on the top,,Is there a reason for that? Does it offer better performance for you in your room in that location.
Thanks.
------------------
Trevor
shellshock2.gif

Link Removed

Vance V

Grip
Ron-P,
Thanks for the compliment.
BTW, where did you get the black ceiling tiles
The black ceiling tiles and hardware were special ordered from a local construction supply company. I got their number from an Armstrong rep through their 800#. I believe the price was about 51 cents/per square foot. It's an Armstrong 1728ABL fine fissured. And has an NRC rating of .55. USG has one that is rated at .70 but it was more money and my dealer needed a hugh minimum order.
Hope this helps,
------------------
Vance
My HT Pics

Vance V

Grip
Trevor,
Thanks,
I noticed yours was on the top,,Is there a reason for that?
Yes, the center speaker sounds much better at the top than at the bottom. I believe it's a combination of two things. The first is that my projector is floor mounted(height restriction) and it's somewhat in the audio path of the center speaker. And The second is that, form what I've read, the audio is better received when it's coming at ear lever or higher. The best location would probably have been behind the screen, right in the center, but thoose microperforated screens are expensive.
Btw, great setup you got their and a very nice webpage.
------------------
Vance
My HT Pics

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
Very very nice room. I love the seating arrangement, and the colour of the room is nice on the eyes.
------------------
Oops...I dropped my eardrums
could you pick them up for
me

Steve U

Grip
Great HT, Vance! Mine's about halfway done; sheetrock is up. Love the couch. I plan to go with theater seats all around, but can't beat the comfort of the couch. Thanks for the pics - they help when I'm standing in an open room trying to imagine the finished project!
------------------
Link Removed
(click logo for pics)
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams...
- W. Wonka

ken thompson

Second Unit
cool theater. I aspire to front projection. BTW let me clarify. I'm reponding as a guy definitely not a gay. HAHA

andyg

Agent
Very nice setup. It's a great feeling to be able to just relax in you new room, after spending so much time in construction. Sometime I just enjoy reading in my HT because its so quiet.
--Andy Garabedian
P.S. As you eluded to, one can never be finished with their HT. There is always one more tweak to apply.....

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Well done, Vance.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

Vance V

Grip
Thanks guys, your compliments are very much appreciated.
Steve,
Thanks for the pics - they help when I'm standing in an open room trying to imagine the finished project!
I did much of that myself, glad I could help. :)
Ken,
Thanks for pointing that out. :) My apologies to anyone who might have been offended.
------------------
Vance
My HT Pics

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks