What's new

My fav. Halloween candy is BACK on the shelves! (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Well, it's almost Halloween time, and the stores are stocking their shelves with bulk Halloween candy.
I went to Target today and noticed they put out
Willy Wonka's Bottle Caps
I can never find these unless it's Halloween time.
Bottlecaps...
yum.gif

------------------

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Well, I went to http://www.wonka.com and I couldn't find any info.
Bottlecaps are a soda pop candy.
It's shaped like bottlecaps and comes in Cherry, Cola, Rootbeer, Grape, Orange.
------------------
[Edited last by JohnS on September 16, 2001 at 09:12 AM]

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Hey I remember these candies.
I haven't had them in years but they were really good...and I am totally craving them now

William Ward

Supporting Actor
I actually prefer the caramel candies in the black and orange wrappers that are Halloween faves... I guess it's another three weeks before Christmas candy is up as well.
wink.gif

------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I'll second that Graeme. To think of how many times as a kid I passed these by in the candy jar getting to the SweeTarts. Now, I wish I could have half of those back.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
I was REALLY excited to see bottlecaps again. I have to add my vote for rootbeer as well.
I remember being dissapointed when I was younger upon finding out that Wonka's Everlasting Gobstoppers looked different than they did in the film. True, you could spit in several different colors but they were round (not like in the film) and they were certainly not everlasting.
------------------
"Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government!"

350+ Reasons why I drive A 1991 Cavalier.

Robert Ma

Second Unit
Yellow Chic marshmellows. They are the best. Make sure you open the package at least 1 week prior to eating to allow for them to go stale. Its the only way to eat em.
------------------
Goto www.erols.com/rmahle to see my theater

John Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
Wow.
To imagine that candy manufacturers would stoop so low as to stir up demand for their product by posting under JohnS's name...
wink.gif

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'll bring Bottlecaps with me to the LA MEET. So, If any of you are coming, i'll let you saver some bottlecaps! :)
------------------

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
I actually prefer the caramel candies in the black and orange wrappers that are Halloween faves... I guess it's another three weeks before Christmas candy is up as well.
scary thing is...they already probably have xmas candy in the store. When I worked at Meijers around Halloween time, we were getting deliveries of Valentines Day candy!! :puke: Ah, well...no chocolate is bad chocolate.
[edit]: AAHH! What happened to the puke smiley!?!
------------------
Crash
"I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
funny this thread just happened. A friend and I were talking about this very same thing and yes, the rootbeer was the best. Anyone remember those "Fun-Dips"? It came in a package with a stick and it was nothing but sugar powder flavored in lime, cherry and grape. My mother would spend 10 minutes trying to wash the assortment of colors off my face...
------------------
you lose it here and your in a world of hurt...

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I miss the original Pop Rocks. Now THERE was a party in your mouth!
My local Target started selling these a couple of years ago! The last time I was there, they were on the shelves again. I bought some for myself, my wife and daughter. My wife had never tried them and just didn't appreciate the experience, so I got to eat two packages. Yum!
yum.gif

Michael: Those Fun-Dips were the best. I usually ended up eating my candy stick before I finished the dip mix, though.
frown.gif
They should give you more than two of those sticks. There was never enough to go around, especially by the time you got a little too excited and bit off a couple of chunks.
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Mmmm......root beer.....
yum.gif

Now, if they'd bring back the SIZE of the 100,000 dollar bar so it isn't the size of two rat turds, I'd run out to the nearest candy store, pronto.
------------------
mike_sig.jpg

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
The Fun-Dips came with 2 sticks? Thats something I just don't remember. But I do remember eating the stick before I was done too. It was hard to proportion the right amount of sugar on the stick. I'm going to check for these the next time I'm in the candy store
------------------
you lose it here and your in a world of hurt...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks