What's new

My Computer Takes 4 Minutes+ to Boot, I Hate It! (1 Viewer)

Rob Landolfi

Stunt Coordinator
I'm having a similar boot problem that just started happening today.

I'm running XP Sp2, 2.8GHz, 2GB PC3200 RAM.

Boot times had been normal/fast, but after relocating my PC and hooking everything back up, I'm experiencing a 2-minute delay on the initial BIOS information screen, the one that shows the main processor info and the memory testing status.

After about two minutes, the boot process continues and everything runs fine. That screen used to only appear for a couple of seconds. I have QuickBoot enabled, boot from my hard disk, etc. and can't figure out what's going on. Nothing in my configuration has changed, so I'm thinking a setting must have gotten fouled up somewhere.

Any ideas?

Rob

Rommel_L

Second Unit
Rob,

You're problem is different. Go to the BIOS setup menu and on the boot priority menu, put the hard drive first, cd 2nd, etc. Save settings and you'r god to go...

Rommel

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
I use a program called "BootVis" and I think Microsoft is the author? It speeds up the boot time, I have used it for some time now and it seems to help out, goggle "BootVis" for more info...Best of luck.

PS-Looks like they no longer have it on the M/S site but I am sure you can find it online...

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Yeah that guide I have linked to earlier in this thread explains how to use bootvis and where to get it from.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks