What's new

My Big Lebowski DVD Fantasy (MERGED SE THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
"The synopsys is not the issue Dude!"

Seriously though, this film deserves a SE. And (as we've previously talked about here at HTF) it should include a commentary track with Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, and Steve Buscemi in-character as Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski, Walter Sobchak, and Donny.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
This is a first for me...I don't think I've ever seen someone complain about the synopsis on the back of a DVD. If there was something wrong with the transfer or the soundtrack or lack of extras with the DVD carrying a high price tag, then I can understand, but the synopsis?!?!?! I'm sorry, but come on. Watch the film, laugh your ass off and get over it.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
I agree this is a lackluster release. I don't care at all about the synopsis, but the transfer does not look good at all. 4 and half hours of video will do that. There's way too much EE and fine detail is severely lacking.

Bring on the SE!

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Seriously though, this film deserves a SE. And (as we've previously talked about here at HTF) it should include a commentary track with Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, and Steve Buscemi in-character as Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski, Walter Sobchak, and Donny.

Larry Talbot

Second Unit
"This is a first for me...I don't think I've ever seen someone complain about the synopsis on the back of a DVD. If there was something wrong with the transfer or the soundtrack or lack of extras with the DVD carrying a high price tag, then I can understand, but the synopsis?!?!?! I'm sorry, but come on. Watch the film, laugh your ass off and get over it."

Ron nailed it. Andy_MT, for what it's worth, I don't think you were being an ass at all. Jonathan, I can understand being bugged by a synopsis (though this one doesn't bother me.) What I can't understand is your having harsh words over it with another member who disagrees with you. What we should do when we get upset over things like this, is realize how damn lucky we are to live such luxurious lives that we even have time to squabble over such trivial things. Some people have to worry about food, shelter, survival, etc...By the way, I'm just as guilty as any one, since I can (and do) get worked up over trivialities too.

PS: I do remember being very unimpressed with the sound on this disc, but I was hearing it on someone else's system so that could have had something to do with it. It sounded more like a stereo mix than anything else.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
The film runs for almost 2 hours, mulitply that with 2 (one for the widescreen version and one for the full frame version) and add a 30 min. documentary. Volla!

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Larry! ;)
I do remember being very unimpressed with the sound on this disc, but I was hearing it on someone else's system so that could have had something to do with it. It sounded more like a stereo mix than anything else.
I find that strange because I've always thought this mix sounded good. For example when the Dude goes to see the Big Lebowski, you can hear the birds chirping outside of the window before he comes in the room in his wheelchair.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
"Fuck sympathy! I don't need your fuckin' sympathy, man, I need my fucking reissue!"
"What do you need that for, Dude?"
It's time for a new version now. I guess that's the way the whole durned DVD comedy keeps perpetuatin' itself. ;)

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
yes, i watched this dvd last night as a matter of fact.

while not a BAD looking disc it could certainly use a new print and dvd transfer.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Shut the f**k up Donnie!
Sheesh, how could I mess up that quote?!?!? I've only seen the movie two dozen times. Musta been the early start on New Year's Eve festivities at my house that did it. Another caucasian Gary...
By the way, anyone who's a fan of the film owes it to themselves to visit Lebowskifest.com. It really holds the room together.

Karl F

Stunt Coordinator

Well, lots of people have that "Coenesque" feeling...but since they are the Coens, I'm assuming they have it in spades.

--K

Estevan Lapena

Stunt Coordinator
I would love a SE of this film, but seeing as how I doubt it's going to happen any time soon I'll live with my normal copy with a bad synopsis.

PS: Sh*t, I posted this on the wrong thread! Ooops!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Actually, it really TIES the room together. My HOLDS the room together comment was a weak attempt at humor, playing off my earlier gaff with the bowler/golfer comment.

Aw f**k it Dude. Let's go bowling...

JohnAP

Second Unit
I don't think the studio could be completely oblivious to the growing popularity of this film and the fact that people would like a special edition, even if it's not high priority. Plenty of cult films more obscure than this one have gotten the special edition treatment. I doubt its in the works, but I don't think a better release down the line is out of the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks