What's new

My Big Lebowski DVD Fantasy (MERGED SE THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
We've all got ideas about what the perfect DVD would be. But a personal fantasy of mine would be that a super-dooper SE version of The Coen's The Big Lebowski go into production. With 2 discs, full bitrate DTS, new anamorphic transfer from high-definition master, interviews, deleted scenes, not an easter-egg in sight (they suck!), Coen commentary, soundtrack feature, documentaries and more.
But the real icing-on-the-cake - the feature that makes this an impossible dream as opposed to a possible reality is this: commentary with Jeff Bridges, John Goodman and Steve Buscemi in character! This classic track would feature, The Dude reminiscing about his many adventures, and actually having an acid-flashback, Walter referencing nam far too often, eventually being told-off by the Dude for his lack of relevance, wasting the time of the good people would bought the disc, Donny finally losing his cool with Walter after one two many "Shut the f%&k ups!", and a subsequent outburst from Walter about how everyone's against him. Also, a brief moment when Philip Seymour Hoffman appears to enter the recording booth and describes how complex running the Lebowski estate is.
Boy would this be a swell disc. ;)
What are some of your dream DVDs?

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
The commentary with the actors in character would be awesome. However Steve Buscemi couldn't participate due to the fact that

his character dies in the end.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I think it should come with:
An urn with "Donnie's ashes" and when you open it, it sprays up into your face!
:laugh:

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Carlo, what about if, the DVD box IS the urn, and you have to scatter the ashes in order to get to the disc at the bottom!
Now that would make for collectible, though morbid, DVD! :D

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
How about The dude mentions that he picked up a special batch of high stakes. It's so potent that he gives Walter a contact high and they both hallucinate Donny. I can just hear Walter talking out of his ass about the rights of the undead. "And..uh...persons not living...can't own...that's not legal either...shut the fuck up Donny!"

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Alex,
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Damn that's funny.
The commentary could end with The Dude and Walter being ejected from the recording booth because he spilled some of his White Russian over the recording equipment, to which the Dude protests: "Careful man, there's another beverage here!" :D All the while Walter is complaining loudly, that the young studio exec punks should be more respectful of a veteran, given that if he and his buddies, some of whom died face down in the muck, hadn't been out there, they wouldn't have the privelidge of releasing DVDs at all! :D

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I would certainly consider buying a Special Edition of this movie as I love it. However, I'm not sure if it will ever happen because this movie appealed to a smaller audience. At least the current disc is pretty good though.

Real Name
Charles de Lauzirika
An excerpt from "The Big Lebowski" commentary track:
THE DUDE
So that's kind of a cool shot...you know...how that camera sorta skates along there...
WALTER
It's a dolly shot, Dude.
THE DUDE
Huh?
WALTER
A dolly shot. It's when--
DONNY
What are you talking about, Walter?
WALTER
Shut the fuck up, Donny.
THE DUDE
Oh...you mean like a tequila shot, man?
WALTER
No, Dude, it's when--
DONNY
What do you mean, Walter?
WALTER
Donny...you're out of your element! Dude...a dolly shot is when the director places the camera on a mobile platform, often using a set tracks to allow for smooth movement, resulting in a stable image that moves through space...
THE DUDE
No shit? Moving through space...? Far out, man...
DONNY
They didn't shoot this movie in space, Walter.
WALTER
Donny. Please.
And so on...

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Charlie, an infinity of :emoji_thumbsup:s and :laugh:s! My fantasy about how awesome this track could be is growing by the second!

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Lebowski is my LEAST favorite Coen brothers movie. I'd much rather have a "fantasy edition" of Raising Arizona.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Carlo, maybe if you go and see The Big Medina over at Universal, you can trick his assistant into giving the DVD the go-ahead! ;) His initial response to your request to get it into production: "Well, er, it might not be, er, such a simple, er, ..., you know." :D

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
How about a DVD release party at Hollywood Star Lanes at 5227 Santa Monica Blvd (where much of the film was shot)? They could set up the autograph tables at lane 22 (or was it 23?).

Jeff

SteveRS

Stunt Coordinator
Great stuff guys!

The only thing that could top that dvd would be one titled "The Dude 2".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks