What's new

My Big Fat Greek Wedding + Free DVD @ BestBuy (1 Viewer)

Frederick_Falk

Second Unit
I went by my local Best Buy and they have a sweet little deal on My Big Fat Greek Wedding DVD. Price on the DVD said 19.95 but they are actually selling it for $15.95 AND they are giving away a free copy of the Dinner With Friends DVD. Total cost with tax for the two DVD's came to $17.31 dollars. What a deal! :emoji_thumbsup:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
If you had checked my Weekly Roundup, you would have seen that you could also save $5 more by purchasing Sweet Home Alabama at the same time! :wink:

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
and another buck by price matching with Circuit City!
When I went to my local BB, they gave me the option of a price match or paying the advertised price of $16.99 at our local BB and getting the other movie for free. They were not willing to price match and give the free movie. Since I wasn't interested in the free movie, I didn't press the issue.

Now that I know BB has a different sale price for different markets, I will just go to Circuit City if they have a lower price. I don't want to be a part of BB's two-tiered pricing scheme.

Gary Tjia

Stunt Coordinator
For those who bought My Big Fat Greek Wedding DVD online with BB. Would you be able to get the free Dinner with Friends DVD from the BB store if you show the online receipt?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
No, Gary. The free DVD is "in-store only", so buying it via BB.COM (even with in-store pickup) technically means you are not entitled to the disc.

However, like in the situation that Marty describes above you, this is simply - IMHO - another example of bad customer service. I am really sure that these "Dinner With Friends" discs cost BB nothing, and so failing to give them to anyone who buys a MBFGW disc from them in ANY fashion is really just a recipe for pissing off your patronage...

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
When I went to my local BB, they gave me the option of a price match or paying the advertised price of $16.99 at our local BB and getting the other movie for free. They were not willing to price match and give the free movie.
i got both the free movie and the pricematch, no questions asked. i even bought two copies of MBFGW and got both for $14.99 each and two freebies, all in the same transaction.

John Gido

Second Unit
Like Craig, I also purchased 2 copies of MBFGW, price matched at 14.99, which included "Dinner With Friends".

FWIW, "Wedding" had a price sticker of $19.99 and "Friends" had one for $17.99".

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I don't think they could have chosen a worse movie to pair with My Big Fat Greek Wedding... it's the anti-feel good movie of the decade. Greg Kinnear's character is so happy to be leaving his wife it's revolting. After 45 minutes I couldn't take anymore. :frowning:

If I had the chance to rewind back to the choice between a) pricematch and b) movie, I would have taken the pricematch and given up the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks