My Big Fat Greek Wedding + Free DVD @ BestBuy

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Frederick_Falk, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Frederick_Falk

Frederick_Falk Second Unit

I went by my local Best Buy and they have a sweet little deal on My Big Fat Greek Wedding DVD. Price on the DVD said 19.95 but they are actually selling it for $15.95 AND they are giving away a free copy of the Dinner With Friends DVD. Total cost with tax for the two DVD's came to $17.31 dollars. What a deal! [​IMG]

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

If you had checked my Weekly Roundup, you would have seen that you could also save $5 more by purchasing Sweet Home Alabama at the same time! :wink:

3. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

and another buck by price matching with Circuit City![​IMG]

4. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

5. Gary Tjia

Gary Tjia Stunt Coordinator

For those who bought My Big Fat Greek Wedding DVD online with BB. Would you be able to get the free Dinner with Friends DVD from the BB store if you show the online receipt?

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

No, Gary. The free DVD is "in-store only", so buying it via BB.COM (even with in-store pickup) technically means you are not entitled to the disc.

However, like in the situation that Marty describes above you, this is simply - IMHO - another example of bad customer service. I am really sure that these "Dinner With Friends" discs cost BB nothing, and so failing to give them to anyone who buys a MBFGW disc from them in ANY fashion is really just a recipe for pissing off your patronage...

7. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

8. John Gido

John Gido Second Unit

Like Craig, I also purchased 2 copies of MBFGW, price matched at 14.99, which included "Dinner With Friends".

FWIW, "Wedding" had a price sticker of $19.99 and "Friends" had one for $17.99".

9. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

I don't think they could have chosen a worse movie to pair with My Big Fat Greek Wedding... it's the anti-feel good movie of the decade. Greg Kinnear's character is so happy to be leaving his wife it's revolting. After 45 minutes I couldn't take anymore. [​IMG]

If I had the chance to rewind back to the choice between a) pricematch and b) movie, I would have taken the pricematch and given up the movie.