What's new

Musical Fans - CALL ME MADAM next YeaR !!!!! (1 Viewer)

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
So, is this from FOX and part of the STUDIO CLASSICS
SERIES ??
"Peyton Place" and "Anne Frank"
More details PLEASE !!!!!!!!
Thanks

Greg_M

Screenwriter
This is great news. "Call Me Madam" has never been available on home video (Much like Irving Berlin's "Annie Get Your Gun" which finally was released 2 years ago thorugh WB.) This is the best Ethel Merman film, and features three great dance routines by Donald O'Connor (Singing in the Rain) and Vera Ellen. Plus Berlin's tops tunes including the classic duet "You're Just in Love"

The film was made the same time/year as FOX's "Gentlmen Prefer Blondes" so the DVD could look as beautiful as the Monroe disc does.

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
Alan:

Did they announce PEYTON PLACE and ANNE FRANK? Those are my two favorite Fox films that aren't on DVD yet. Where did you hear about it?

Thanks,
Bill

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
To Joe Caps: I guess your original post got erased by the database problem. Could you repost it, please? I gotta find out about ANNE FRANK and PEYTON PLACE!

--Bill

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Fox has NOT announced these titles. I have a friend that works in the business and he occasionally reads me list of titles that are in the works for DVD.
He read me a list last night that included Call Me Madam, Peyton Place,Diary of Anne Frank, I Was a Male War Bride, The Black Swan, Cheaper by the Dozen and its Sequel Belles on their Toes.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
WELL, I too would like to know the details
of when "Madam", "Peyton Place", and "Anne Frank"
are arriving !!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the BEST news I hope "Return To Peyton Place"
and "Valley Of The Dolls" are right behind these films.
:)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks