What's new

Music Fidelity A3 24 Question (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
To update this thread a bit...

I finally took ownership of my A324 DAC and it was certainly worth the wait. All that I've read is holding true...this thing performs as advertised. In fact, it works so well, that I am delving back into my redbook CD collection (which has been snubbed in the past few months in favor of SACDs) in order to hear everything I may have missed out on. It seems like this piece really squeezes out every last bit of musical information available on a CD to present them as they were meant to be heard. CDs that sounded somewhat compressed and "digital" previously are not only listenable, but enjoyable and CDs that sounded good to begin with are simply stunning. So much so, that I brought my wife down for a listen and her jaw dropped. We have really gotten into (and most likely wore out Maroon 5's debut CD), so I decided to have her check out several tracks. Based on previous conversations, she knew that the music on this disc was dense and layered, but even she was floored by the details that were brought to the forefront. She hasn't been down to the room in quite some time, but said that she will have to start doing so again. To me, that alone makes this piece was worth every penny.

P. S. I'm decided to go with a LAT International MKII digital cable from the DAC to my transport. I believe in cable break-in and LAT recommended it, but I noticed none of the harshness and "tizziness" in the highs that I was expecting and I've only put roughly 10 hours on this cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.