Multi-Disc CD Changer w/ SACD for reasonable $$?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Jay Blanchard, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Jay Blanchard

I'm interested in checking out SACD (namely, Dark Side of the Moon.. mmm), and I also need a CD changer (preferably larger than 5 discs). However, I also want to keep my budget reasonable.

Is it a pipe dream to hope for a CD Changer with SACD support and considerably more than 5 disc capability for less than or around $300?

If it is a pipe dream, I'll have to forget the SACD (and nothing, besides listening to DSOTM in SACD, would make me happier than not supporting a new RIAA content-encryption scheme).

2. Kenny_H

Kenny_H Stunt Coordinator

Hmmm, you have fallen into that gray area! The closest you may come to you are looking for (if you are willing to go that high) is the upcoming Sony DVP-CX985V 400 disc CD/DVD/SACD changer. the list price is $400.00 (there is also an ES version in silver for $800.00). I remember seeing a description of it on www.onecall.com. There is also a short (too short, if you ask me) review of it in the current Sound & Vision magazine (but, not on their website). DVD Etc magazine's current issue has a buyers guide for CD/DVD/SACD/etc players. For some strange reason, they list the Sony changer for $599.00 (go figure)! I'm sure there are other resources, but, I thought I would pass this on. Hope this helps!

3. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

Oade Bros (www.oades.com) probably sells for about $360 plus shipping (I'm figuring 10% discount like on the ir other dvd players I quoted). The 5 disc model 685 is $225.

4. Jay Blanchard

You expect me to buy audio equipment from Dr. Seuss? [​IMG]

Was this website hacked, or did I just miss the relevance? [​IMG]

5. AaronBatiuk

AaronBatiuk Second Unit

The correct link to the Oade Brothers site is of course http://www.oade.com/.

Since the list price of the new Sony unit is $400, you can fully expect to pick one up for around your target price of $300. Eventually. As always, prices will be a little high for the first little while since it is so new and unique.

6. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

oops! My bad :) Sorry about that...