What's new

Multi-Disc CD Changer w/ SACD for reasonable $$? (1 Viewer)

I'm interested in checking out SACD (namely, Dark Side of the Moon.. mmm), and I also need a CD changer (preferably larger than 5 discs). However, I also want to keep my budget reasonable.

Is it a pipe dream to hope for a CD Changer with SACD support and considerably more than 5 disc capability for less than or around $300?

If it is a pipe dream, I'll have to forget the SACD (and nothing, besides listening to DSOTM in SACD, would make me happier than not supporting a new RIAA content-encryption scheme).

Kenny_H

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm, you have fallen into that gray area! The closest you may come to you are looking for (if you are willing to go that high) is the upcoming Sony DVP-CX985V 400 disc CD/DVD/SACD changer. the list price is $400.00 (there is also an ES version in silver for $800.00). I remember seeing a description of it on www.onecall.com. There is also a short (too short, if you ask me) review of it in the current Sound & Vision magazine (but, not on their website). DVD Etc magazine's current issue has a buyers guide for CD/DVD/SACD/etc players. For some strange reason, they list the Sony changer for $599.00 (go figure)! I'm sure there are other resources, but, I thought I would pass this on. Hope this helps!

AaronBatiuk

Second Unit
The correct link to the Oade Brothers site is of course http://www.oade.com/.

Since the list price of the new Sony unit is $400, you can fully expect to pick one up for around your target price of $300. Eventually. As always, prices will be a little high for the first little while since it is so new and unique.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks