What's new

MULHOLLAND DRIVE DVD (including chapter stop discussion) (1 Viewer)

Sam_K

Stunt Coordinator
Greg & BrianB,

Collins Dictionary defines Boycott: " A boycott is a refusal to be involved with something that you strongly disapprove of, for example a refusal to go to a particular meeting or buy food from a particular country...."

I bought a lot of DVDs, including movies which I dislike. E.g., Memento

I collect DVDs as a hobby.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
I love this film. With that said...

One of the main advantages of DVD players over VCRs was the ability to jump to a particular scene instantly, via a scene menu or chapter stops. I understand Lynch's need to satisfy his ego, but skipping through the scenes using the FF/RW buttons is extremely annoying and archaic.

Sam_K

Stunt Coordinator
then why are you visiting and replying to this thread if you are boycotting it?
Brett_B

Why not?

I don't understand what is your point. Boycotting purchase of the DVD doesn't mean boycotting this thread. This forum is for us to express our views. If I don't express my "boycotting" views, how can my views be known in this forum?

I don't understand your point.

Feng

Stunt Coordinator
I don't understand it. What's with all the complaints about no chapter stops? You can jump any where on a DVD with time search fucntion, accurate to the second. On my Pioneer DVD player, press "search mode" button three times (first you get title search, second you get chapter search, third you get time search), enter hour, minute, second, then press enter button. And vola, you get there.

Sam Owens

Stunt Coordinator
It's inconvenient not having them, and if you press the chapter forward button, you get sent to the end of the film.

Me? I'm waiting for the French 2 disc SE of Mulholland Drive coming in September - apparently the chapter stops will be random! (and there will be a couple of docos too!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks