What's new

movie moments - the biggest laugh you've had (spoilers, of course) (1 Viewer)

JonathonSan

Stunt Coordinator
Man, just reading some of these had me laughing...some truly classic comedic moments.

South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut:
Where Cartman pulls out the Megaphone and yells at Mr. Garrison "How would you like to suck my balls?"

Austin Powers in Goldmember:
Where Dr Evil makes fun of the mole..."aboooo" And pretty much the whole interaction between Dr. Evil, Scottie and Mini Me...."It's like frikin catnip for clones"..."I got me a marlin!"

Emperors New Groove:
Kronk doing his own theme music.

Fight Club:
Brad Pitt Riding the bike in the Paper Street house and craching....and Brad Pitt with the Nunchakus.

Mallrats:
Brodie running into the scafolding when he and T.S. first get to the mall.

Me Myself & Irene:
Where Charlie starts choking on his perscription when he is at the police station.

Bruce Almighty:
Agree wholeheartedly with the babbling news anchor scene...had me unable to breath for some time after that.

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator
Re: Kingpin

Ugh... I still get queasy when I think of that... :b

Used Cars... except for a couple moments, that movie is almost a constant laugh to me, especially the "Look... here's Luke now... " scene at the end.

Final one... the one that makes my friends laugh because they never noticed it, but check out the first time in Office Space we see Peter's appartment. The complex is called "Morningwood Apartments."

Nick

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Can't believe no one has mentioned it, Jackass. While the vast majority of the movie had me in stiches, the electrocution scene and the disco in the back of the truck had me out of breath.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
aww, MAN? Jackass. Yeah, the electrocutions were funny, but the yellow sno-cone was the one that killed me.

It wasn't bad enough it was freezing.
It wasn't bad enough that he KNEW he was going to eat his own urine
It wasn't bad enough that he ended up dumping a liter of urine onto the sno-cone
It wasn't bad enough we could see the steam rising off teh sno cone as he bit into it and chewed..

No.

They had to run up, with no warning, and rock him in the balls as hard as I've seen anyone get kicked in the balls before. He's suffering, drooling, trying to keep it down and then we jump cut to about a tenth of a second of a guy rearing back with his right leg, and BOOF. There it is.

Cruel, infantile, possibly one of the dumbest things ever committed to film.

I couldn't stop laughing.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
A few that I could think of off the top of my head"

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Quite a few, but my two favorites are:

The Star Wars Ferrari flight, and
"Here's where Cameron goes berserk." "Aaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! !!!!!"

Galaxy Quest

"Hey, don't open that door! It's an alien planet! Is there air?! You don't know!"

"Hi guys. Listen, they're telling me that the generator can't take it...and the ship's falling apart and all that...Just FYI."

Full Metal Jacket

Pretty much all of R. Lee Ermey's scenes.

I'm sure there are more; I may post them later.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Oh god yes... GalaxyQuest.

Guy: "Did you guys ever WATCH the show?"

Guy: "Hey guys, there's a red-thingy moving toward the green-thingy

Fred: "That was a helluva thing." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
The mention of The Kentucky Fried Movie always makes me think of a couple of scenes. One is in the Catholic High School Girls in Trouble skit, where the girl tells the guy "show me your nuts!" and the guy responds by acting like a wacko. Stupid but it always made me and my friends crack up :)

The other part is during the Dr. Klon segment, when they bring the captured American. Dr. Klon says "Take him to be tortured!" and the guy defies him and spits on Dr. Klon. Dr. Klon wipes his face and says "Take him to DETROIT!", whereupon the prisoner totally loses it and starts begging for his life :)

Shane S.

Stunt Coordinator

I live in Norwich "in the shadow of the Mohegan Sun" The trilogy is playing in Buckland Cinemas and in North Haven. I was about to order tickets on line when I decided I'd call a friend and see id he wanted me to get him any and in the 2 minutes that took they sold out. The wound is still really fresh and I just can't talk about it :frowning:

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
The human sirens at Dr Klon's lair and The two times through in movie "Big Jim Slade" gets on-screen. The build-up, just knowing he's about to get on, is almost as funny as him doing his bodybuilder poses...
Should premature ejaculation occur, the Joy of Sex Album comes equipped with.....

BIG JIM SLADE!!!

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
-Launcelot approaching Swamp Castle in Holy Grail (and never actually getting any closer), and the guard's reaction to Launcelot's killing of his co-worker ("Hey!...")

-The very last scene in Top Secret! ("...and Scarecrow, I'll miss you most of all!")

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles - The car scene where John Candy turns into a devil. I nearly died laughing. I laughed SO hard I fell off my seat onto the theater floor and buried my face into the seat cushion and then threw-up in the popcorn box. I stayed that way for a few minutes. I just couldn't stop. I still laugh at it.

Ed Wood - The escape from the premiere. Another case where something just hit me perfectly! This scene is absolutely hysterical and perfectly edited. It also achieves the remarkable in getting the viewer to identify so closely with Ed's group of misfits that you cheer Tor tossing aside the patrons and cheer as they escape in the hearse. For a brief moment they all stop being weird and they become our heroes. This is Burton at his best.

High Anxiety - I don't like Mel Brooks movies in general (didn't think much of Blazing Saddles) but there's a scene where Dr. Brophy is driving down a winding road and the music becomes more intense and then louder and louder and just when it gets to a pitch the camera pans up from Dr. Brophy's car to show a bus, along side Brophy's car, with a full orchestra playing away. THAT is brilliantly funny.

Young Frankenstein - "Stay close to the candelabra, the stairs can be treacherous at night." :laugh: :laugh:

Galaxy Quest - The smashy, bangy, thingy gets me every time. It's just so apt of every inaccessible piece of dangerous equipment Scotty or Geordi have ever crawled into. Sigourney Weaver is priceless.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Yet another South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut moment:

Cartman: Fuck! Shit! Cock! Ass! Shitty boner bitch! Muff! Pussy! Cock! Butthole! Barbara Streisand!

The delivery was right on, and him spinning in the air just added to the hilarity of it all. One of the funniest movies ever.

Eric Eash

Second Unit
SPOILERS!!!

The Big Lebowski-My all time favorite movie, but the biggest laughs I get out of it are all the parts when Walter tells Donnie to "Shut the $@$# up!", "Obviously, you're not a golfer", "I'm just going to find a cash machine" the sheriff hitting the dude in the head with the cup. the roach/crash scene, "this is what happens Larry!", and of course, Donnie's ashes.

Old School-The entire dart scene had me laughing harder than I have in years. I seriously had to hit pause during the scene, wait a minute until I was done laughing, the second I hit play, the laughing once again overcomes me. Tears, piss, snorts, man that scene hurt my stomach.

Shanghigh Noon-The drunk bathtub scene.

Zoolander-The whole movie.

Robin Hood:Men in Tights-When the camera is zooming in on the house and then pans to inside and you hear glass shattering. Then the camera zooms over and it shows the other camera that was zooming coming through the window. That was hilarious.

eric

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
Oh yeah, probably the funniest moment in the orig Star Wars Trilogy:

Han: What, afraid I was gonna leave without giving you a goodbye kiss?
Leia: I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!!
Han: I can arrange THAT! You could use a good KISS!

You gotta admit, she walked right into that one!

Also, the scene where Luke 1st meets Yoda.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Dumb and Dumber: The whole movie but the bathroom scene in particular had me in stitches

Bruce ALmighty: The scene where he is trying to screw up his coworkers job on air.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head..

william-scooter

Stunt Coordinator
South Park: All that others have already listed and these

Mr Mackey: "I doubt that Mr. Garrison taught you to say "eat penguin shit you ass spelunker"

And all the lines by the world weary Mole

"where was your God"

Saddam to devil: "Your ass is big and red, who am i pretending you are, Liza Minelli"

Estevan Lapena

Stunt Coordinator
The Big Lebowski:
"Jesus: You ready to be fucked man? I see you rolled your way into the semis. Dios mio, man. Liam and me, we're gonna fuck you up.

The Dude: Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Jesus: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."

The Dude: Jesus.

Jesus: You said it man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus.

Walter: Eight year-olds, Dude."

Great scene, and of course all of Walters Vietnam references.

DavidLW

Stunt Coordinator
And one for the time of the season.......A Christmas Story

Too many big laughs to list....from begining to end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks