What's new

Movie memorabilia in your home theater? (1 Viewer)

DaleI

Stunt Coordinator
I guess it's been asked before, but what movie memorabilia do you have in your home theater/area?

I just started my own small home theater and for Christmas bought myself a few things including a Jason hockey mask from the "Friday the 13th" movies (no, not a cheap one you can buy at a Halloween store) This one is from the third movie... The Jane Seymour portrait/frame featured in "Somewhere in Time"... and an exact replica of the Michael Myers mask in the "Halloween" movies--which set me back a few bucks!

One day I will build a larger home theater and then have much more room for all of these movie items and more.

Mike Brantley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Brantley
Hey, Dale!

I've got a lot of movie posters and publicity stills on the walls in my theater and in the den and stairwell outside the room. Most of the posters are reprints, although I have sought out some original stuff and I have numerous autographed photos of actors mostly from sci-fi movies and TV shows. I got those back in the days when I attended sci-fi conventions. A good friend of ours is a retired actress who appeared in some old B movies, and so I've got some posters of her films ("Invisible Invaders" and "Magnetic Monster" among others).

I also display (and still use some of it!) vintage small-gauge moviemaking gear. Got 8mm, Super 8 and 16mm gear, reels, etc. all over the place.

I wanted to buy the life-sized bust of Frankenstein's monster that used to be sold at Spencer's Gifts, but I never could convince myself to spend the $100 for it. I wish I had gotten it, though. That would be cool for the theater or nearby.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I get a LOT of stuff at unusual places..Odd Job..even dollar stores and off course McDonalds, Burger King, etc.

Also sometime you can find stuff at antique and thrift stores and pawn brokers.

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Hey Dale, I'm originally from Reading, PA (actually Spring Township area), just a quick trip up Rt. 422 from Pottstown!

Back to your question: I have movie poster reprints in my HT, and that's about it. Truth be told, I really want a dedicated HT with nothing but well-hidden room treatments, sconces, etc. on the lights. The posters and other memorabilia will reside in the lobby area (this is my dream, but it's at least a year away at this point!).

Michael Ipp

Stunt Coordinator
What I want to do is have a poster of Excalibur with a replica Excaliber mounted above it, Galadiator poster with the Gladiator sword, Braveheart, Conan, Crouching Tiger. you get the drift.

Unfortuantly the swords themself run in upwards of $300 each.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I did have theese cool Taco Bell Star Wars toys from the rerelease a few years ago.But,now that I do not have a wife to keep happy anymore,I am going to start going movie stuff crazy.

For starters,I have already begun plans to..well,there is a chair rail going around my living room.I decided to mount posters side by side all the way around under the chair rail.But that will take a while to complete since they are a bit pricy.I do have kids so I will cover them with thin plexi glass.I went to the hollywood shop in the mall yesterday and picked out some posters,I will start with my favorites then fill in with others.

RogerB

Second Unit
I've got a few posters in the lobby (Edward Scissorhands, The Fifth Element and Harry potter) and a few figurines on a shelf in the theater (Queen Amidala, Edward Scissorhands and Harry Potter) and a 35mm film reel.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I just have my life-sized stand-up of Lara Croft Tomb Raider from an Ericsson cell phone promo we did here at work.

Ya know, I was just wondering what Blockbuster does with their old stuff.. they have a giant Shrek window sticker at the one by my house... I might have to give them a call.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I just bought two antique Goldberg movie 15" movie reels. I am planning on making a table out of them. They look pretty cool.

ace peterson

Second Unit
I just bought an awesome black & white 8x10 photo of Indiana Jones. He is wearing the leather coat and hat and has his whip coiled in one hand with his other hand on his waist. It's a neat picture. Picked it up at the mall for like $2.75. I was thinking about signing it with a fake autograph to make it look authentic. Right now it is just in a black frame with black matte.

Ace

Glenise

Supporting Actor
I currently have two standees:

Monsters Inc. "Celia" (SP?)

and Jim Carey (SP?) from the Grinch.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Another good place to find said type of items is Ebay and Yahoo auctions as well as usenet and Yahoo classified. I just got a pair of Drive In Speakers on a pole from ebay for the bar area.

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
I've got 4 movie poster frames on one wall that I rotate different original one sheets thru (currently Pulp Fiction, The Lord of the Rings, The Mummy, and Spiderman advance), I have a very nice Klingon Bat'Leth hanging opposite the posters, a Terminator 2 replica arm on a speaker, a lifecast of Glen Strange in Frankenstein make-up from Abbott & Costello meet Frankenstein, but my pride and joy is hanging on the back wall, its the head, hands , and feet from The Creature from the Black Lagoon cast from the originals.
Todd :)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Dave,there is a Blockuster near my house and some of our walks lead us to the back sideof blockbuster.Well,I always see the cut outs,standups etc. in the dumpster there.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Chad, you may want to start "dumpster diving" and unload some of that stuff on Ebay or something... I will have to wander out back of my area Blockbuster to see what I can find.
Scooter, they just sold the drive-in next to my house.. I never thought about taking the old speakers.. those might make a neat addition. Hell, why don't I just take the screen? ;)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Sounds like a plan Dave,I had never thought about that.I have seen some pretty decent movie's stuff back there but always seem to have my kids when we walk there.

DaleI

Stunt Coordinator
And I forgot to mention that I purchased an Oscar--yes, an Academy Award--and not one of those cheap plastic novelty things either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks