What's new

Mouse Hunt DTS or DD 5.1 (1 Viewer)

Roy O

Agent
I have noticed recently that the Movie "Mouse Hunt" from Dreamworks is available at a good price but the ones I'm seeing are in DD 5.1. Does the DTS version have that much difference in sound?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i can't say how good THE DD version is but the dts is a great soundtrack. it really puts you into the movie.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I will second the vote for the DTS version. I thought it sounded significantly better than the Dolby Digital.

Roy O

Agent
Thanks folks,

I thought the DTS might sound better it's just on some comedies it's hard to tell. I'll go with the DTS on this one.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
The dts version of mousehunt is essentially a superbits version. The disc is dual-layered and the bit rate on this little sucker is consistently in the 8 or 9 megabits mark and the dts has the full bit encoding. This is my stealth reference disc. People don't expect to be blown away by the picture and the sound, but they are.

Jerry Hostler

Stunt Coordinator
I agree Peter. This may only be a "comedy" but the sound is incredible. I highly recommend the DTS version. It is definitely a reference disc.

Roy, when Mouse Hunt DTS first came out there was a lot of discussion about its audio quality. You may want to do a search.

Jerry

Roy O

Agent
Thanks again. I found it online at a good price. Now I understand why the DTS version is so good!:emoji_thumbsup:
Glad y'all talked me into it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks