What's new

Moulin Rouge returning to theaters Nov 21, but... (1 Viewer)

YANG

Screenwriter
"Another hot favourite for the Best Pic nod would be Training Day..."

TRAINING DAY? No,i don't think so,the movie is more to action and thriller,there is barely little drama in this film.

Whether DENZEL WASHINGTON will get another little statue,it is still early to say.

B4 we talk about the OSCARs,lets don't forget about upcoming films such as ALI and BLACK HAWK DOWN.We had also forgotten about the biggest hit of 2001...PEARL HARBOR.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Well, Yang, I was doing my best to forget it, until YOU brought it back up. ;)
...speaking of things being brought back up, being reminded makes be have to pay tribute to the porcelain gods.

YANG

Screenwriter
"The biggest hit this year (so far) has been Shrek, and the only nominations Pearl Harbor will receive will be of the technical variety...if it's lucky."

Oh yeah...PEARL HARBOR will definitely not be forgotten in the technical field,HARRY POTTER and LORD OF THE RINGS will be in this field too,i presume...

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Are you kidding Yang? PH is screwed. It's sitting in a year with Monsters, AI, FOTR, Shrek, Harry Potter, Mummy Returns, Tomb Raider, Moulin Rouge, Final Fantasy, POTA, Jurassic Park 3 and Swordfish among the major films to utilize big time sound, CGI, costumes, etc.

I see PH being literally shut out except for the token nomination for Best Song (Faith Hill). There are just too many films that made major points with their technical efforts, even if some of them weren't any better as films.

I mean I can see AI, POTA, and JP3 getting plenty of the technical nominations right off the bat without even considering some of the others.

MR might have a shot at costumes and art direction.

Oh, just sitting here thinking gives me Spy Kids and Driven as 2 other films that could compete on some of these catagories.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I a perfect world, Moulin Rouge would get nominated for every major Oscar, but we all know the world we live in so I expect a few technical nominations only unfortunately. It is playing at a nearby cinema, so perhaps one more trip to France may be in order.
BTW, Pearl Harbor IS the highest grossing film of the year so far..worldwide that is..barely edging out Shrek..but they will both fall to Harry Potter soon enough.

Lin Weiwen

Stunt Coordinator
OK guys...it's confirmed. Got the news... Moulin Rouge DVD will have a DTS track and THX mastered too! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks