What's new

More Leone news! The new THE GOOD, THE BAD..restoration! (1 Viewer)

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
Hope this link is okay - it's here for information purposes. A number of posts on some earlier threads have asked about the rumours of a new THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY restoration. DVD Savant Glenn Erickson has just made the official announcement of it today over on his web page, with some interesting technical details. Moderators - if the supplying of this direct link (which I feel is going to be of big interest to some folks on this board) contravenes any HTF policy, please delete the link below and simply retain this opening paragraph, as I'm sure folks will be able to find it. I'll be curious to see whether John Cork makes the eventual disc into another Bond-style S.E...

http://www.dvdtalk.com/dvdsavant/s745GBU.html

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Excellent news, and very surprising to hear that AMC was involved. Now, what are the odds, that they'll show it in P&S, edited for content, & with commercials? My guess, would be pretty high.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Originally posted by Eric Peterson:
Excellent news, and very surprising to hear that AMC was involved. Now, what are the odds, that they'll show it in P&S, edited for content, & with commercials? My guess, would be pretty high.
Here is a quote from Glenn Erickson's announcement, "AMC will premiere the restoration uncut and without commercials (the first broadcast only) on May 10, which will be the big opportunity for most of us to see it."

No word on whether it will be letterboxed or not, but it damn well better be.

Neil

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
This is very good news. I'll have to set the VCR to tape the May 10 showing, since it appears this will be the only time AMC will broadcast the film properly (I can't believe they would spend the money on the restoration and then show the film in p&s).

Too bad this restoration wasn't bankrolled by Turner Classic Movies. Then we could look forward to many proper broadcasts.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I don't think they'll be editting and P&Sign for later broadcasts, just inserting commercials.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
great news!

ah ah ahh ahh...wah wah wuhhh. dum da dum dum...hoo ha hoo hee huh ho

okay, i pretty much blew that...

:D

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'm surprised that AMC put money for this... TCM usually shows the United Artists catalog from MGM.

As for dubbing...

It's possible to do a lot of digital work on the re-recorded audio to match it to the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks