What's new

More "Best Of" South Park! (1 Viewer)

CameronS

Supporting Actor
smiley_puke.gif

Jeez, Warner really knows how to get on people's shit list fast.
furious.gif

With this, best of Friends, and Wonka, we all have plenty to talk about during the upcoming Warner Chat.
biggrin.gif

From http://www.thedigitalbits.com
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif

southparkwinterwonderlanddvd.jpg
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum7/HTML/001848.html
The HTF Lowest Post Champion!
[Edited last by Cameron Seaman on August 14, 2001 at 12:37 PM]

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
I have to buy them, but first some words to Warner:
"BITE...MY...SHINY...METAL...ASS!!!"
------------------
"Fearless Freep?! That's mmma boy!"

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
If Warner doesn't PROMISE in the chat that we will get discs identical to those released in the UK and Australia, I will buy the Australian discs and not think twice. Best-ofs are a waste
Oh, and Bill, if you're reading this, Seasons 1 and 2 of South Park are discs 1-6. It's after Rhino lost it that they started to suck
Jeff Kleist

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
This is bullshit. Somehow I'm not surprised that warner did this but it still is very annoying. O and only 1/2 of Season 2 is on dvd. When will Warner just release the rest of South Park on dvd. Especially with the 5th season of South Park being absolutely hysterical we need more south park on dvd. Peace
------------------
"Come on, you fuckers think that just cause a guy reads comics he can't start some shit, I'll fucking take all you on!"
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially sense I rule"

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
This is sad. Rhino gave us the entire first season on DVD and later compiled a package set. Ever since Warner has taken over they give us only this "best of" junk. This spring I purchased the Season 3 discs separately and last week ordered the Season 4 boxset. I plan on purchasing the Season 2 set and dumping my "Best of" discs now that it is confirmed Warner does not care to meet the need of the US customer unlike their foreign department has done with South Park and Space Jam. I'm guessing the chat is going to be cancelled. There is no way they have the guts to take the harsh criticism due them.
Season 1:
Already available in R1/NTSC
Season 2: Available on DVD R2-6/PAL click here
Season 3: Available on DVD R2-6/PAL click here
Season 4: Available on DVD R2-6/PAL click here
(I have no affiliation with Amazon.co.uk, but they have all the info so I used it. Blackstar.co.uk is another retailer I use for region 2 discs.)
[Edited last by Joseph S on August 14, 2001 at 12:56 PM]

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Warner sucks ass. They don't listen to our requests. SP discs 1-6 sold really well. There are two copies in my house of each. Nobody in my household has any interest in this best of shit.
Kind of appropriate that a family of shit graces the cover of the second set. It should come with a disclaimer... "This is what we're feeding you."
------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Save Stargate SG-1 Season 6
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps Cartman could make the marketing morons at Warner eat their parents, that might teach them a lesson. I'm getting sick of this shit, its like they don't care one bit about the people who made this format a success. Us enthusiasts were out there buying everything we could in the early days, if it wasn't for us its always possible that Divx could have succeeded. Back then Warner was one of our favorites, now they are the absolute worst. I was able to forgive them for those crappy snapper cases because aside from that they were a great supporter of DVD. But now they just don't care and it shows. I too will be surprised if they show for the chat. I can't believe there's going to be too many happy people involved with that.

Jodee

Screenwriter
To paraphrase last week's episode:
"Warner, you're the worst studio ever."
"We know."
frown.gif

What next, the best of Towelie?

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
Hehehe Damn that Towlie referrence about killed me :) Anyway, I agree that these have all sucked since Rhino lost the rights to it... Why the hell can't Warner just release the season sets?!? They were cheap individually if someone wanted to buy just a few episodes and was very reasonable to the rest of us to own the whole season. Why screw with something that was working...

I think Warner just wants to get high.
biggrin.gif

"I swear, if you let me get high, I'll remember to release season sets."
"Oh all right, here you go!"
"So where are the season sets?"
"What season sets? Oh, man, I am so high right now..."
laugh.gif

------------------
CMM

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Hey folks, if you don't want to buy non-Region 1 DVDs, just do what I do, collect the episodes off irc. The quality is decent, and they are free free free. I've gotten all the episodes of South Park, including the eight they aired this summer, off Dalnet.
-Tom

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
"Whoa. That's pretty f****d up right there, dude."
Warners.
Sigh.

John_McKittrick

Stunt Coordinator
This topic has been discussed over and over again. Being a SP maniac it makes me want to be the $hit out of somebody. Someone better mention it at the chat and get a straight answer.
John

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Well, I'll be getting both DVD's on release date, since I haven't had cable in awhile, and I haven't seen ANY of these episode's yet!
BUT!!! I'm not happy the way Warner is releasing these
furious.gif

------------------
[Edited last by JohnS on August 14, 2001 at 10:45 PM]

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
Furious furious FURIOUS!!!
furious.gif
furious.gif
furious.gif

Why des it seem that the studios that supported the format initially and pretty much helped get DVD to where it is now suddenly have come 180 and the studios that used to suck are now the ones to beat? Warner was one of the first studios to support the format. Disney and Fox were like trying to pull teeth to get them to release anything not on Divx. Now Disney and Fox have the best DVD's out there (Well Disney's on their way at least...finally).
I was geeked when the flood of letters hit Warner about the first best of series for Friends and it sounded like they'd do it right by releasing by season. Guess not. I will not be buying any more Bes tof Friends Series. Like someone else said, I can get them off irc. Not the same as DVD but i'd rather have that than best of crap. plus the ones they are putting on DVD are IMO definately not Best Of material. Who the hell votes for these episodes anyway?
------------------
Crash
"I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
:puke:
What else can we expect from Warners?
P.S.--when is the chat???
EDIT: where is the puke smiley?
------------------
jsb.jpg-thumb_122_91.jpg

Jay and Silent Bob in
CLERKS
[Edited last by Kenny Goldin on August 14, 2001 at 11:27 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks