Monster Cable/THX

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul_Medenwaldt, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

Whats the word on the street about these new cables from Monster.

Just looking at them in the package they don't have the quality look as regular Monster cables.

The THX cables are less expensive then the regular Monster cables.

Paul

2. Elbert Lee

Elbert Lee Supporting Actor

just a repacking of the similar cables lines that Monster used to manufacture for Acoustic Research. There are some differences, but minor at best. Perhaps these meet the mythological THX specs

3. Kevin_Kr

Kevin_Kr Supporting Actor

Wrong, these are not like the ar cables. These are identical in quality to the z series/m series cables that monster produces but for less money.

4. Ted Ross

Ted Ross Second Unit

These are identical in quality to the z series/m series cables that monster produces but for less money

I highly doubt that. They are just entry-level monster cables. Example: you can buy the 16ft THX sub cable at Circuit City for 19.99-no way they are comparable to the z/m series. Im betting they are on par, quality wise, with monster's entry level line.

5. Steve.Hamilton

Well, it depends on the cable. THX Ultra is M/Z series in a TXX wrapping. The core THX is merely Monster Standard with the really cute THX connectors.

6. Je-P

Je-P Stunt Coordinator

So I guess I'm better off getting the Monster Video3 component cables?