What's new

Monster Cable/THX (1 Viewer)

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
Whats the word on the street about these new cables from Monster.

Just looking at them in the package they don't have the quality look as regular Monster cables.

The THX cables are less expensive then the regular Monster cables.

Paul

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
just a repacking of the similar cables lines that Monster used to manufacture for Acoustic Research. There are some differences, but minor at best. Perhaps these meet the mythological THX specs

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
Wrong, these are not like the ar cables. These are identical in quality to the z series/m series cables that monster produces but for less money.

Ted Ross

Second Unit
These are identical in quality to the z series/m series cables that monster produces but for less money

I highly doubt that. They are just entry-level monster cables. Example: you can buy the 16ft THX sub cable at Circuit City for 19.99-no way they are comparable to the z/m series. Im betting they are on par, quality wise, with monster's entry level line.

Well, it depends on the cable. THX Ultra is M/Z series in a TXX wrapping. The core THX is merely Monster Standard with the really cute THX connectors.

Je-P

Stunt Coordinator
So I guess I'm better off getting the Monster Video3 component cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks