Mits CRT/Or New technology????

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Guy Usher, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Guy Usher

Guy Usher Supporting Actor

For about a month now I have been looking for a new 50+in 16x9 big screen display device. . ,. I started looking at DLP then after reading and checking my finances I started looking at LCD then after reading more on this forum and elsewhere I found a gorgeous JVC DILP(?) that looked awesome in the store but. . .

I have come to a tenative decision. . . I think. . .

It seems to me that one of the best deals going has to be something like a 55613 Mits for right at 2Gs. . . Even a 55813 Diamond is looking fine. . .

With CRT prices falling like they are it just seems to me that there are some mighty fine TVs out there that dont cost an arm and a leg even if it is old technology.

60% of my watching will be digital cable and OTA HD with 40% being movies on DVD. . . Now someone tell me what you think. . . I intend to put this to rest and be watching it in a little over 1 week. I am picky as hell about picture quality and it dont take much to turn me against one of these guys. . . .

HELP. . .

2. Scott+G

Scott+G Auditioning

I am in a very similar position. I have, however, only been tracking this site for about a week, albeit daily.

I am leaning towards a Sony KP-57WS520. Would some of you "near experts" give some advice on "best bang for your buck."

For the most part I am looking for a nice TV for family viewing of digital cable and DVDs.

3. Guy Usher

Guy Usher Supporting Actor

I started out intent on buying a new DLP RPTV but after all I have read I am just more confused than ever. I think I know CRT as I have had two 46in Mits plus a 48313 IIRC and now after about a year of a Sony HS510 32in conventional direct veiw set I am ready to go back. . .

I live in Columbus, Ohio and we have decent OTA HD so an HDTV tuner is definatly in my future. However never owning a integrated Mits with its own tuner I wonder how user friendly it is. I did have a Zenith set top box and was not real excited over it. . . My wife. . . forget about it. . .

I think I am going to land on the 55613 or maybe the 55813 both have an integrated HD tuner. My concern is this. . . Is the extra grand I pay to get the Diamond (55813) worth the money over the cheaper 613. . . Shoot I might consider the 48613 or even step up to the 65613 for a medium sized room. . .

4. Chad B

Chad B Stunt Coordinator

Looks like the Diamond adds DVI and Firewire, and a few other things like slightly improved technology (which from what I've seen doesn't amount to much if anything), a less reflective protective screen (I prefer the picture with the protective screen removed), and a media control feature. DVI is the thing you'll be most likely to miss, but I doubt it's worth a grand.
    I have a Mits myself, and I like it alot. I have to admit, though, if I were looking for the biggest bang for the buck, I'd get the cheapest Sony CRT RPTV and get it calibrated.