What's new

Mits CRT/Or New technology???? (1 Viewer)

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
For about a month now I have been looking for a new 50+in 16x9 big screen display device. . ,. I started looking at DLP then after reading and checking my finances I started looking at LCD then after reading more on this forum and elsewhere I found a gorgeous JVC DILP(?) that looked awesome in the store but. . .

I have come to a tenative decision. . . I think. . .

It seems to me that one of the best deals going has to be something like a 55613 Mits for right at 2Gs. . . Even a 55813 Diamond is looking fine. . .

With CRT prices falling like they are it just seems to me that there are some mighty fine TVs out there that dont cost an arm and a leg even if it is old technology.

60% of my watching will be digital cable and OTA HD with 40% being movies on DVD. . . Now someone tell me what you think. . . I intend to put this to rest and be watching it in a little over 1 week. I am picky as hell about picture quality and it dont take much to turn me against one of these guys. . . .

HELP. . .

Scott+G

Auditioning
I am in a very similar position. I have, however, only been tracking this site for about a week, albeit daily.

I am leaning towards a Sony KP-57WS520. Would some of you "near experts" give some advice on "best bang for your buck."

For the most part I am looking for a nice TV for family viewing of digital cable and DVDs.

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
I started out intent on buying a new DLP RPTV but after all I have read I am just more confused than ever. I think I know CRT as I have had two 46in Mits plus a 48313 IIRC and now after about a year of a Sony HS510 32in conventional direct veiw set I am ready to go back. . .

I live in Columbus, Ohio and we have decent OTA HD so an HDTV tuner is definatly in my future. However never owning a integrated Mits with its own tuner I wonder how user friendly it is. I did have a Zenith set top box and was not real excited over it. . . My wife. . . forget about it. . .

I think I am going to land on the 55613 or maybe the 55813 both have an integrated HD tuner. My concern is this. . . Is the extra grand I pay to get the Diamond (55813) worth the money over the cheaper 613. . . Shoot I might consider the 48613 or even step up to the 65613 for a medium sized room. . .

Chad B

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like the Diamond adds DVI and Firewire, and a few other things like slightly improved technology (which from what I've seen doesn't amount to much if anything), a less reflective protective screen (I prefer the picture with the protective screen removed), and a media control feature. DVI is the thing you'll be most likely to miss, but I doubt it's worth a grand.
I have a Mits myself, and I like it alot. I have to admit, though, if I were looking for the biggest bang for the buck, I'd get the cheapest Sony CRT RPTV and get it calibrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks