What's new

Missing analog LFE output from Pioneer DV-757Ai (1 Viewer)

Bjoern

Auditioning
I have just replaced my old DVD player with a DV-757Ai (I think it's called Elite 47Ai other places in the world).

I have connected the player with both a coax and 5.1 analogue cables to my receiver, so that I would be able to use the players DTS decoder (my receiver has no DTS capability).

While I have no problem with the digital output and DD, I can't seem to get a LFE signal out of the beasts analogue outputs.

Just to be certain that something comes out, I have used the players test signal, and connected the subwoofer signal to my center speaker, and in that case I get a test signal on my center speaker. To me that means that a signal is going out, but that I can't get it through to my subwoofer. Also - the signal seemed to be the same as was played on all the other speakers, which is to say somewhat bright. When testing with the receivers internal test signal, a deep rumble comes out of the woofer.

Is there something I need to do to make this work, or am I out of luck with regard to getting usable LFE signal out of the players analogue outputs?

Jantzen

Stunt Coordinator
The Pioneer 45A and 47Ai seem to send out a rather low subwoofer signal via the 5.1 analog outs...
Check out this thread
Also did you set up your speaker sizes in the player? Large/Small, and Sub on?

Bjoern

Auditioning
Guess it really is a very low signal.
I have just tried turning everything to max, and I am finally able to actually hear a rumble out of the subwoofer.
Speakers=small, sw=on, sw output level +6.
I also read the other thread , and it seems that one way of solving the problem would be to get a new receiver with a DTS decoder, and then dropping the subwoofer from the analogue setup in the player, since it's not the DVD-A or SACD I'm really after.
Somewhat expensive...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks