Missing analog LFE output from Pioneer DV-757Ai

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bjoern, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Bjoern

Bjoern Auditioning

I have just replaced my old DVD player with a DV-757Ai (I think it's called Elite 47Ai other places in the world).

I have connected the player with both a coax and 5.1 analogue cables to my receiver, so that I would be able to use the players DTS decoder (my receiver has no DTS capability).

While I have no problem with the digital output and DD, I can't seem to get a LFE signal out of the beasts analogue outputs.

Just to be certain that something comes out, I have used the players test signal, and connected the subwoofer signal to my center speaker, and in that case I get a test signal on my center speaker. To me that means that a signal is going out, but that I can't get it through to my subwoofer. Also - the signal seemed to be the same as was played on all the other speakers, which is to say somewhat bright. When testing with the receivers internal test signal, a deep rumble comes out of the woofer.

Is there something I need to do to make this work, or am I out of luck with regard to getting usable LFE signal out of the players analogue outputs?

2. Jantzen

Jantzen Stunt Coordinator

The Pioneer 45A and 47Ai seem to send out a rather low subwoofer signal via the 5.1 analog outs...
    Check out this thread
    Also did you set up your speaker sizes in the player? Large/Small, and Sub on?

3. Bjoern

Bjoern Auditioning

Guess it really is a very low signal.
    I have just tried turning everything to max, and I am finally able to actually hear a rumble out of the subwoofer.
    Speakers=small, sw=on, sw output level +6.
    I also read the other thread , and it seems that one way of solving the problem would be to get a new receiver with a DTS decoder, and then dropping the subwoofer from the analogue setup in the player, since it's not the DVD-A or SACD I'm really after.
    Somewhat expensive...

4. Ron Newsome

Ron Newsome Stunt Coordinator