What's new

Mirage New Omni series (1 Viewer)

Chris_Eff

Stunt Coordinator
I had a chance to audition this new series by listening to the 260 floor standing model in stereo and then with the center channel in a 5.1 theater. AMAZING!
The stereo was like listening to a concert hall mode on a reciever but in normal stereo. The sound stage was great even from a side angle I had a very hard time narrowing in on the sound location.
I was worried about them in home theater asspects but they did great directional sounds in the chase scene on AOTC.
I am looking at getting the next step down 250 floor towers (due to a sub making up the bass difference) and was wondering if anyone else had any opinions on these.

BrianSmith

Stunt Coordinator
Wow! Those are some cool looking speakers!

It appears as if they are omnisats mounted in floorstanding speakers. Did you see the center channel?

I want to try them out!

Chris_Eff

Stunt Coordinator
The center channel has a woofer on the right and left with a mid and the omni system on top of it in the middle. It sounded great in a HT demo of ep II. It is going to be my next purchase.
The dialogue was very clear. It seemed to complement the rest of the speakers nicely.

ernie.bin

Stunt Coordinator
I heard a set of these (with the two paradigm studio20s I was demoing as fronts) with an SACD of miles davis, and I was blown away. Amazingly real sound, with imaging placing cymbals and piano in speakerless corners of the room.

I didn't find out a price, but it was beautiful sound.

BobSle

Auditioning
The 250's are $799/pr, 260's $899/pr, CC $399.
I just bought the 250's and will add the rest (CC & 50's for rear surrounds) next month.
Just burning the 250's in now!!
Also, VERY high WAF;) !!
Check out the thread 'Pocket Martin Logans' on AVS Forum. Also, Doug Schneider at Hometheatersound is working on a review of a 5.1 system.

BobSle

Auditioning
AVSFORUM.com
Audio
Speakers
Then do a search for 'Pocket Martin Logans'

Let me know if you need more info!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks