What's new

MGM: You re-did Carrie, what about Child's Play? (1 Viewer)

Christopher Carr

Stunt Coordinator
A nice SPECIAL EDITION would be nice for the original Child's Play. Since the DVD that is out in stores is only FULL FRAME I will not buy this edition until at least a widescreen edition comes by. Please consider this because you have done so well with some of the recent DVDs, Fans including myself would greatly appreciate a new edition of Child's Play! thanks!
------------------
"I don't want to kiss you here...I want to kiss you- there."
"You can put it anywhere"
"Kathryn, the only thing you are going to be riding is me!"

Will K

Screenwriter
Totally agree. The only two films I like in this series is this one and Bride Of Chucky. Until MGM sees fits to do Child's Play right, I won't be buying it.
------------------
My Scary DVD Collection

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My wife and I were talking about this title just the other day! Yes, she'd like it in OAR. Yes, I'd like it in OAR and in a box set with all the other Chucky films.
MGM, that would be cool...don't you think?
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Child's Play is very underrated. I would definitely pick up a special edition if MGM made one. Maybe release it uncut, if there was any footage cut. :)

Lafe F

Second Unit
The current Child's Play DVD is yukky. Many have said that it's open matte. I wonder if you can see Chucky's strings or the puppet-operators in some shots?

Kevin_M_M

Stunt Coordinator
childs play movies are guilty pleasures. id pick up a new dvd of the film instantly, even if it only had a new diescreen transfer but obviously if it got what it deserves, an se treatment.
------------------
They mostly come at night. Mostly... - Newt
DVD Collection

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I would love to see this movie in widescreen. From what I heard their was a fire at MGM and the widescreen print was lost. But the other regions in widescreen are by MGM I think, so maybe they can get in contact and get the print from one of the other distributers.
I will not buy this on DVD until a widescreen print is available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks