Meeting Of Minds

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by PatH, Nov 27, 2004.

1. PatH

PatH Second Unit

This was a show created and hosted by Steve Allen in which three or four actors would have a roundtable as historical notables. There were a couple of sets of these (maybe more) and you can find the scripts in book form by Googling. But I've never seen these on DVD and I would definitely be interested. Anyone have any more info?

PatH

2. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    PatH,

I would be interested also. This was a very informative and entertaining show and featured performances by some great actors.

I actually had the opportunity to spend all of 60 seconds chatting with Mr. Allen about this show. He noted that several episodes were available on VHS (this conversation was pre-DVD era). To my knowledge, this show has not been shown on television in many years which probably kills any chance of a DVD release since the number of people who remember this program (which had a small audience to begin with since it was on PBS) are dwindling every year.

Steve

3. SteveK

SteveK Supporting Actor

I remember Meeting of Minds from my college days (I know, I'm dating myself). I remember that I very much enjoyed the show, as it gave historical figures the opportunity to participate in intellectual discussions with other historical figures from other eras, and a lot of very interesting, intelligent discussions resulted. I would very much enjoy seeing this series on DVD, even though I realize that it would probably not be a popular title.

Steve K.