What's new

Meeting Of Minds (1 Viewer)

PatH

Second Unit
This was a show created and hosted by Steve Allen in which three or four actors would have a roundtable as historical notables. There were a couple of sets of these (maybe more) and you can find the scripts in book form by Googling. But I've never seen these on DVD and I would definitely be interested. Anyone have any more info?

PatH

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
PatH,

I would be interested also. This was a very informative and entertaining show and featured performances by some great actors.

I actually had the opportunity to spend all of 60 seconds chatting with Mr. Allen about this show. He noted that several episodes were available on VHS (this conversation was pre-DVD era). To my knowledge, this show has not been shown on television in many years which probably kills any chance of a DVD release since the number of people who remember this program (which had a small audience to begin with since it was on PBS) are dwindling every year.

Steve

SteveK

Supporting Actor
I remember Meeting of Minds from my college days (I know, I'm dating myself). I remember that I very much enjoyed the show, as it gave historical figures the opportunity to participate in intellectual discussions with other historical figures from other eras, and a lot of very interesting, intelligent discussions resulted. I would very much enjoy seeing this series on DVD, even though I realize that it would probably not be a popular title.

Steve K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks