What's new

Meeting Of Minds (1 Viewer)

PatH

Second Unit
This was a show created and hosted by Steve Allen in which three or four actors would have a roundtable as historical notables. There were a couple of sets of these (maybe more) and you can find the scripts in book form by Googling. But I've never seen these on DVD and I would definitely be interested. Anyone have any more info?

PatH

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
PatH,

I would be interested also. This was a very informative and entertaining show and featured performances by some great actors.

I actually had the opportunity to spend all of 60 seconds chatting with Mr. Allen about this show. He noted that several episodes were available on VHS (this conversation was pre-DVD era). To my knowledge, this show has not been shown on television in many years which probably kills any chance of a DVD release since the number of people who remember this program (which had a small audience to begin with since it was on PBS) are dwindling every year.

Steve

SteveK

Supporting Actor
I remember Meeting of Minds from my college days (I know, I'm dating myself). I remember that I very much enjoyed the show, as it gave historical figures the opportunity to participate in intellectual discussions with other historical figures from other eras, and a lot of very interesting, intelligent discussions resulted. I would very much enjoy seeing this series on DVD, even though I realize that it would probably not be a popular title.

Steve K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks