What's new

Media Home (1 Viewer)

crazy8

Agent
Real Name
Wayne
Hopefully in the next 6 months or so, I am going to get an Onkyo theater system. I like a lot of the features and capabilities it has including the Slacker music streaming. My wife is wanting to get something for the kitchen that will play CD's. I know, it's called a CD player...lol Im not thinkng of just getting a CD player. I have been doing much looking and just cant find exactly what I am wanting. I dnt want to have to dedicate a whole paycheck to this device but here is what I am ooking for...
* Something that can be mounted under a cabinet. Not the end of the world if it cant
* Plays CD's
* Still has am/fm radio
* Streams slacker or atleast would be compatable with the Onkyo system and allow me to stream slacker from the Onkyo theater system to the device. The Onkyo system says it has this capability, to stream to other networkable devices, so now I just need to find one that works.
* All that brings us to the next thing I need, network capability.
Any help with figuring this out would be much apprecated. Thank you all very much for the help.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I guess you're looking for something like a Sonos http://www.sonos.com/shop/products/play3 but with CD capability?
Unfortunately, such a product doesn't really exist (at least one meant for the kitchen). Your best bet might be a couple of in ceiling speakers and a conventional receiver with CD palyer. Other than that, perhaps an HTIB system that is network ready?

crazy8

Agent
Real Name
Wayne
Yes thats pretty much what I was looking for. Maybe I will have to get her an under counter CD player/radio, (they do still make those right?) and get me the network capable music player. :) So as far as the sonos, are those pretty much the ones to get as far as network music players go?

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
They're very well regarded for an all in one solution. If internet radio is your goal, then squeezebox is a great choice also. Here's logitech's new internet radio offering: http://ue.logitech.com/en-us/smart-radios

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks