What's new

Mazda Protege 1999 O/D problem (1 Viewer)

David Susilo

Screenwriter
I've contacted Mazda Canada, so far I only get voice mails so I've left a couple of nicely and politely sid messages. I'm waiting for them to call me back.

Now if they don't, maybe I'll take the banner approach ("this Mazda is the biggest lemon")

Thanks for the input, guys.

BTW, even after taking the remote start AND alarm off, the "Blinky O/D" came back yesterday.

David Susilo

Screenwriter
Todd_Brown,

Checked for the code for my "Blinky O/D" situation, and the read-out says: 741.

For some strange reason, they claim that they don't know what that is (I went to Scarborough Mazda and Markham Mazda this time around, both of them claim to not know what the problem is).

Any suggestion?

Thanks beforehand.

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Hi David,

Just test drove a mazda protege5. More fun than the corolla but a little bumpier ride. I ask the dealer(St. Catharines, Ontario) If I would void the warranty on the car if I put a high powered stereo in it. He said no. A couple hours out of the way but you could call him. Mabe you could find another dealership willing to help. OR at the vey least take your car to a reputable repair shop and ask for a third party opinion.

David Susilo

Screenwriter
Finally I've found the answer. After checking the very same darned code for days, they finally admit that the problem is with my tranny. They are exchanging my entire tranny assembly (whatever that is; I'm not a car guy) under warranty. BUT they won't pay for the car rental although my car will be in the shop for 6 days since the part is back ordered.

Once I fixed the car, I think I'll buy a Honda Accord LX-V6. Any ideas on this car?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks