What's new

Maybe not have to buy malata...need confirmation (1 Viewer)

Kevin_Roman

Auditioning
Saw this post in AVS Forum
I have been researching 36" TVs today and I swear on one of the comparison screens it claimed one of the Sony WEGA models supported PAL and NTSC. You can find the screen on this website http://ecoustics.pricegrabber.com/ DO a search for SOny 36 inch TVs and then do the comparison.
The 36FS12 model is the one that claims PAL support, but you can't find it on the Sony website.
You can just do a search for 36FS12 and then click on Technical Specifications. It says it takes both PAL and NTSC signals. It's probably misinformation but you never know...
I did find it on the sony website but it doesn't claim anything.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Even if this set does accept a PAL signal, do you have a DVD player that will output PAL?

Kevin_Roman

Auditioning
Finding a multi-region DVD player that just passes the PAL signal from PAL DVDs isn't hard to find at all. I've just been trying to find an alternate to the Malata. Nothing wrong with the Malata, I just rather not have signal conversion.

E

Eric Kahn

I went to sony's site and could get no information on this model but that does not mean it does not exist, just that it is not an original US model

E

Eric Kahn

I just got off the phone from sony tech support after being on terminal hold

the 36fs12 does not suppost PAL, it is NTSC only

it you go to the British sony site, allthe tv's sold there accept PAL, NTSC and SECAM

we get shortchanged in northamerica

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks