What's new

max output of axiom m2i vs. paradigm atom. (1 Viewer)

keir

Stunt Coordinator
anyone been able to compare the output of these speakers? right now my HT system consists of 2 paradigm atoms and a cc-170 in the front. for the sub i have a svs 16-46pci. i am thinking about replacing the LCR front speakers with axiom m2is. i have heard the m22s and they sound quite a bit better than my paradigms. the m2i is so cheap and i figure it will sound pretty close to the m22. im just curious if the output of the m2i is as good as my paradigms. also, is the magnetic shielding on the axiom bookshelf speakers good enough to place them right on top of the tv as a center?

Mike_Gr

Stunt Coordinator
Keir,

I am not as confident as you that the M2i will 'sound pretty close' to the M22i. It will surely resemble the M22...but some might find the difference to be considerable.

Try posting a thread at the Axiom forum. You will find plenty of help and expertise from those that have owned both the M2 and M22.

keir

Stunt Coordinator
actually the designer of the m2i said they come closer to the m22s accuracy than the m3ti can. its basically a smaller m22ti with one less woofer. heres a quote :

"The main thing I wanted to do with the M2 was make it just like the M3ti and the M22, but physically smaller, yet have exactly the same performance level, obviously without quite as much bass because of the smaller woofer and cabinet in the M2."

using the exact same drivers why would it sound too different than the m22 besides having less bass and lower sensitivity?

.... also just found this on axioms forum:

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/sho...=&view=&sb=&o=

"Above the lower bass(which the EP350 will handle)they're nearly identical to the M22s and the smaller size might help a bit."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks