What's new

Matrix Revisited - Full review, eggs, & specs (1 Viewer)

Kyle Milligan

Stunt Coordinator
Without a doubt, "The Matrix" held the record for top-selling DVD for quite a while, until "Gladiator" came along. So the unusual DVD "Matrix Revisited" comes along and some people are wondering just what it is.
If you were teetering on the edge of whether to buy it or not, consider this: one of the coolest easter eggs ever is on this DVD. A jukebox with 41 songs on it.
Now if you appreciate the hunt, and don't want the surprise spoiled for easter eggs , then don't click here. Everyone else, have a look and size it up and decide for yourself, I think it's worth it if you dig the movie and special features in general.
So what say you folks? Interested enough to buy or no?
------------------
Kyle
www.toldyouso.net

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
According to the mucho informative and good read "DVD Demystified", Matrix was the first DVD movie to pass the one million copy sold mark, which will be a lot more important for future "Who Wants to be a Millioniare" contestants than the latest best selling record holder :).
BTW, it only took 2 years (from the time DVD hits retail) to have a first DVD million seller, in contrast, it took 11 years for VHS (Tom Cruise, Top Gun), 4 years for CD (George Michael, Faith).
After reading the review, I may change my mind and break down and buy a copy of the Revisit.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I saw this disk yesterday, picked it up and looked at it but put it back down. It was in a snapper by itself. I had also thought it would be available with the movie in a slipcase that could hold both snappers.
------------------
Link Removed
------------------
My Favourite DVD's

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I had also thought it would be available with the movie in a slipcase that could hold both snappers.
Neil, I believe the slipcase is only available when you purchase the set that has both the movie and revisited together.
I still am not convinced to buy this disc. If I can find it used for a very low price, I will consider picking it up, but I'm not a person that has to have the extras. This release is nothing more than promotion for the sequel and usually something as such isn't very enticing.
------------------
fightclub33.jpg

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I disdain "Easter Eggs," myself, but I've never quite understood the idea of not buying a particular title just because it contains one.
Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that this disc didn't contain any easter eggs. The material available on the current disc as an easter egg isn't on this theoretical disc at all. Would you buy it then?

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
And if you don't know that the easter egg is there, you won't know what you are missing. :)
You are missing out on some really good DVDs, Steve. Not that I care, though. It's your choice. What happens if you buy a DVD, take it home and watch it and then find out that it contains easter eggs?
------------------
fightclub33.jpg

[Edited last by Tom_G on November 15, 2001 at 09:20 AM]

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
the coolest easter eggs ever is on this DVD. A jukebox with 41 songs on it.
Ah...this must be the "three hours of hidden features" touted on the press release. Two or three minutes per song--sounds about right.
As a self-confessed Matrix afficionado, I doubt I'll be able to pass this one up. But I'm the kind of guy who digs supplements, and p'raps this will make up for the still-perplexing lack of a Wachowski Bros. commentary on the original disc. And luckily I'm not one of those folks who goes into paroxysms of rage at the mere thought of hidden features.
--Jefferson Morris

BobV

Second Unit
Ok.. just got The Matrix: Revisited yesterday and it is absolutely excellent.

I, as most DVD owners probably did, watched all the extras and behind-the-scenes on the original Matrix DVD so I thought what more could this offer me? But, I ordered it anyways... am I ever glad I did.

First off there is a behind the scenes documentary that just keeps going on and on and on... I think it was well over two hours and may have actually lasted close to three. It delves into almost every scene and reconstructs the creative and productive process behind it and through it.

Learn of all the official Matrix "value added" productions that are on going.. Animatrix, comic books, online shorts, Matrix 2 video game (which the W. brothers are intensely involved), etc.

The hours long behind the scenes look is enough to jsutify my cost of admission... you really get inside the feelings and struggles, both mental and physical, that these actors endured as they sought to film a movie that seemed too good to be true and almost impossible.

Buy it, you will not be sorry.

HenrikTull

Second Unit
The Matrix trailer is actually on the DVD hidden as a easter egg. It's full frame and DD2.0 only though. It's somewhere in the Jukebox area.

Richard_Huntington

Stunt Coordinator
So they finally put the trailer on a DVD and do it FULL FRAME?! For Chr**'s sake, Warner. Will you ever get it right?
I hear the documentary is not anamorphic. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks