What's new

Martin Logan Clarity - has anyone auditioned this new and improved speakers? (1 Viewer)

JoeyTadeja

Agent
I was browsing around Magnolia Hi-Fi one time who were having a sale and I came across this new set of speakers from Martin Logan. I was tempted to check these babies out but I have not heard much about them from reviewers. I was told by the salesperson that they actually have a wider sweet spot based on the new technology that they incorporated in it. It has a wood finished base but the sides on the panels are silver (the tradition ML wood design would have been better). It looks like a cross between the Scenarios and the Aeon. Frankly, i would have preferred if it was made to look like the Aeon, only smaller, but they had to change the looks.

http://www.martinlogan.com/clarity_zoom1.html

JoeyTadeja

Agent
OK, so nobody in this forum has auditioned this. I listened to it in a store and the bass sounded boxy. In fact I compared it to the new Vienna Acoustics Schonberg which are about the same price range as the Clarity. Although both are displayed in less than ideal conditions, the Schonbergs whipped the Claritys, especially on the bass. According to the salesguy, the Clarity had not have enough break in time yet. He told me to come back in about a month or so. I don't know, but i'm not impressed so I am waiting for the new ML Aeon i which according to the salesguy will be coming out next month. FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.