What's new

Marge Champion RIP Dies At 101 (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

The model for Disney's Snow White as well a dancer in "Showboat" 1951 and other 1950's MGM Musicals.

Here is "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes" from "Lovely To Look At" the remake of "Roberta"

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Their rendition in dance of "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" is, in my estimation, the closest any dance couple ever came to matching the beauty and technical mastery that Astaire and Rogers showed in their best routines. I have always found this number the pinnacle of Marge and Gower's screen career.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Their rendition in dance of "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" is, in my estimation, the closest any dance couple ever came to matching the beauty and technical mastery that Astaire and Rogers showed in their best routines. I have always found this number the pinnacle of Marge and Gower's screen career.
If only it weren't ruined by the female lead...

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I saw Marge Champion twice on stage in the space of one week during the first revival of Follies in NYC. She danced divinely. During the second show, her partner dropped her. I gasped! She picked herself up (was she already 80?) quite sprightly, and resumed dancing as if nothing had happened. A trouper, a real one, with grace and class.
A long life. RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks