What's new

Marantz Shutting Off w/ & w/o anything connected (1 Viewer)

Jason.Soko

Stunt Coordinator
My sr6200 is shutting off when it is only powered on. After a couple of minutes it will just turn off. NOTHING is connected, to anything. Any help would greatly be appreciated guys, thanks!

Jaime B

Stunt Coordinator
Jason:

Connect it to the rest of the system, to see what happens. I'm not making fun here, it may be a safety feature/ protection circuitry on the Marantz!

BTW, your two channel system SIMAUDIO/TOTEM-:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

JaimeB

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
In the olden days long before home theater and all the protective circuitry built into modern electronics, if you had turned on a receiver or amplifier that wasn't connected to a pair of speakers it would have been the last time you switched it on!

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I'd just disconnect everything from the receiver, hook up the speakers to the unit, and see if you can get FM or AM without problems.

Jason.Soko

Stunt Coordinator
Well I plugged in some speakers, it goes longer than normal but eventually turns itself off :frowning: This isn't looking good.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
How long have you had the unit? Still under warranty? Also, is it located in a space that allows for good ventilation?

Jason.Soko

Stunt Coordinator
I'm hoping it is still under 3 years or close to it. The unit is not even in anything it is sitting on my floor for testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks