What's new

Marantz DV6400 now or wait for the Yamaha S1500? (1 Viewer)

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Audio is of primary concern. I will be setting everything to LARGE/SUB ON so bass/time management is not an issue, just audio quality. I know the Yamaha isn't quite out yet, but does anyone know what DACs it uses and whether we can expect its audio to be similar to the S2300? I may decide to wait for the new Denons as well, it's just that I have a good price for a Marantz (but only for a little while).

Also, the Onkyo DV-SP800 appears to be coming down in price in anticipation of new offerings. Would its audio section be a serious cut above the two I listed, or just similar in a more rugged chassis?

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Does anyone have the Marantz? I have a good price for a few more days and, sadly, I can't audition it with my setup as it's all in storage for the next couple of months. Of course I'll try it out in-store, but that's sub-optimal and so I'd like some input from owners, if there are any.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
If your system is down for a few months, why not just wait. Several good~great universal players are comming out this summer.

Panasonic, Samsung, Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo, etc.

Unless you have a pressing need, I would pass on the Marantz.

Blaine_M

Second Unit
I listened to it at the dealer. It sounded very nice. I still think if I were you I'd try to find a way to get a Denon 2900 if I were buying right now, I think for audio quality it is better (I can't believe I'm saying this, I love my Marantz equipment!).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks