What's new

Marantz 6200 - Great product or Fireball in the making? (1 Viewer)

Alex_Santos

Second Unit
Today was my first time listening to a marantz and i was very impressed. Im interested in getting the 6200 but im very concerned about the associated problems. If anyone out there has a 200 series can you let me know what you think. Thanks.

Dennis B

Stunt Coordinator
Alex,

If you're speaking of the SR6200 receiver, there's plenty of material for you to search in the forum about it and the whole X200 family. This is the 'speakers' forum, though.

In short, I guess most people who own them love them (includes me, I've got a 7200), it's got a very addicting sound, BUT several units have had problems. Don't let this decide for you, though, as people tend to post something when they got a problem, not when their gear is performing well.

Anyway, I suggest you take a note of all the problems others had and just test the one you auditioned.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I am extremely satisfied with my 6200, despite some of the negative press Marantz receives here. I do have the audio drop-out issue with DVDs only (coax-dig). I do NOT have drop outs with my Marantz CD via coax-dig, though. The sound quality is the best of the receivers I compared it to, and there is no lack of power. My only complaint is the less than average remote, but that was easily remidied. :D
If you purchase it at a reputable local dealer, you should have no problem taking back if you had problems.
(probably wanted recievers section, not speakers...)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks