What's new

Main/Center Speaker Upgrade Help (1 Viewer)

Pete D

Agent
I currently have the Klipsch Quintet system. I'm planning on getting a new center channel and front speakers. I've listened to a few of the Klipsch towers, Synergy and Reference, and they all sound kind of bright (obviously the horns).
Can anyone suggest other brands that would be worth checking out? I will mainly use these for home theater purposes, but also for some music. For music, I listen to Dave Matthews, David Gray, etc. I like really rich sounding music. The Klipsch just seem like too much treble for me (although maybe this is best for movie watching).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pete D

Agent
Not really sure. I would say no more than $1,500 for the two mains and center channel combined. Lower is always better of course.:)

Mike_Gr

Stunt Coordinator
Some worthy consideration might be given to the following:

Paradigm
Axiom
PSB
NHT

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
i would recommend Monitor Audio, these speakers are extremely revealing and they play extremely well over the whole range....maybe wharfedale too...it's a little bright but not as much klipsch....they saturate a little but i don't think they do it in a bad way...

JakeMcM

Stunt Coordinator
I am more than happy with my Paradigm Monitor 7's and cc-370 pretty far below your budget so you should check out the Paradigm Reference series. I have heard some great things about them but I haven't heard them personally. In my opinion you can't really go wrong with any of the speakers the guy listed above just a matter of personal taste.

JimC_A

Stunt Coordinator
Axiom...Call Marc at the Audioshop in Ottawa, Canada. You won't be sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks