Maggies Do Home Theater!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee Scoggins, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Friends,
    I have been a long-term Maggie user (around 17 years) and I was pleased to read that they have some exciting new HT speakers just added to their lineup.
    From Wayne Garcia in the lates issue of The Absolute Sound:

2. Jason Watson

Jason Watson Stunt Coordinator

3. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

I have heard Maggies in a HT system and they do sound wonderful especially with Music DVDS. Very open and airy!

JohnG

4. Ken Mui

Ken Mui Extra

Yes, I have heard a lot of HT system and Maggies convey the most realistic and involving sound. I think besides the accuracy of the transducers, the total square inch of sound vs cone speakers cannot be matched, its all in the physics of sound projection, regardless of how well designed cone speakers are.

5. ling_w

ling_w Second Unit

Their large wave launch way of reproducing sound just makes music sounds effortless. No matter how much the box speaker tries with their massive intert cabinet, completely isolated cabinet for each driver, super tech drivers with massive magnet and superstiff/light driver, they are still confined to the boxy, produce all the sound from one driver, sounds like they are coming from the speaker sound.
    Maybe it is not what HT enthusiast wants to hear though, since they want to hear the speaker pushing it, sounding brash, punchy and forward.
    Magnepan's HT system was recently reviewed by HomeTheaterSound, including the MG1.6/QR, MGCC2 and MGMC1 speakers.
    http://www.hometheatersound.com/equi...mc1_system.htm
    HP from TAS has recently reviewed the MG20.1's.
    http://www.integracoustics.com/MUG/M...TAS_MG20.1.pdf

6. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

I'd have to agree I have all maggies in my HT system as well...IMO you have to think outside the box if you want stellar sound[​IMG]

7. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Yes, I saw the HP review, very positive in tone. [​IMG]
    Something for us mere mortals to shoot for.
    Lee