What's new

Mad Magazine Cartoonist Dave Berg Dies (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I haven't read Mad magazine in years, but his "The lighter side of" was SO funny. There's one that I still remember and always tell people about... a father and his young son stand outside their big house, looking at it. The father has his arm around his son's shoulders and says "Son, one day, all of this will be..." and then the next picture shows him saying ..."mine". :) It might not have been exactly like that, but very close.
I loved Berg's little observations about society and culture, and at least my world was a lot funnier thanks to him. RIP.
/Mike

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
This is sad. I will always treasure those "Lighter Side Of..." times from my youth--when Mad magazine was "twenty cents CHEAP" and Norman Mingo did most of the Alfred E. Neuman cover paintings. And Mort Drucker's caricature prowess was at its evil zenith (what an artist!). And Bill Gaines at the helm.

Dave Berg was integral to the success of Mad. And he possessed such wonderful insights into day-to-day life.

Loved his work.

Ken Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
I was fortunate enough to meet Dave and some of the other people that make up the MAD team. MAD was my printing account a few years back which meant I made visits to their offices in New York. It is something I will never forget. They even sent me the last issue I worked with them on signed by some of the staff. Truly wonderful people.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks