What's new

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (1 Viewer)

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Am I the only one who hates all the musical numbers they show during the Macy's parade? I absolutely love parades. I enjoy watching the marching bands, floats, etc. but out of 3 hours of programming, maybe only a half hour is devoted to the actual parade. I was hoping when CBS started showing Macy's as well that they would focus more on the parade but they are just as bad as NBC. Watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade used to be a hightlight of Thanksgiving for me but not anymore. This was the first year where I really didn't care if i saw it or not and its, well...sad.

Remember CBS' All American Thanksgiving Day Parade hosted by William Conrad back in the 70's and 80's? I really miss them.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
It WAS my favorite morning show to watch growing up and still would be today, but super busy with family and friends for Thanksgiving now. I do record it and like you, was very disappointed in the overall show. Certainly no where close to the good days like in years past as you state. They showed maybe 1 minute total if they were lucky of Santa Claus! That's the grand finale and use to have at least 5 minutes of him arriving, waving to kids, etc. Don't even get me started on how HORRID and crumby their Santa looks most every year now. There are MANY better looking real Santas than the cheap looking ones now, just pathetic.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Jeffery_H said:
It WAS my favorite morning show to watch growing up and still would be today, but super busy with family and friends for Thanksgiving now. I do record it and like you, was very disappointed in the overall show. Certainly no where close to the good days like in years past as you state. They showed maybe 1 minute total if they were lucky of Santa Claus! That's the grand finale and use to have at least 5 minutes of him arriving, waving to kids, etc. Don't even get me started on how HORRID and crumby their Santa looks most every year now. There are MANY better looking real Santas than the cheap looking ones now, just pathetic.
Hi Jeffrey!

Facially speaking, this year's Macy's Santa Claus reminded me of the Drunken Santa from MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET! :biggrin:

In my opinion, there's too many cutaways to Broadway show excerpts (Though it did seem a bit less to me this year.), though I did enjoy the Carole King TAPESTRY. JERSEY BOYS, on the other hand, has been flogged to death, though I suppose they HAD to show something from it, this being its 10th anniversary, and all!

CHEERS! :)

Tony

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Per MACY'S website there will be some type of Parade in 2020.

MACY'S PARADE 2020
For more than 90 years, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade® has kicked off the holiday season with its signature entertainment spectacle, making it one of the world’s most beloved events.

Following our successful, safe and innovative production of Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks®, it is our intention to similarly reimagine Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade this November. Stay tuned for more details later this fall.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Per MACY'S website there will be some type of Parade in 2020.

MACY'S PARADE 2020
For more than 90 years, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade® has kicked off the holiday season with its signature entertainment spectacle, making it one of the world’s most beloved events.

Following our successful, safe and innovative production of Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks®, it is our intention to similarly reimagine Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade this November. Stay tuned for more details later this fall.

my wife mentioned this the other night.
I’ll be interested in seeing what they come up for the event.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
More on this year's "Parade". BROADWAY BACK FOR A DAY

This is the 94th Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and it has been reimagined in almost every way. In a typical year, it has between 8,000 and 10,000 people working the route, said Susan Tercero, the event’s executive producer. This year, there will be about 1,500. And there will be an in-person audience of zero. (The area surrounding the parade route will be shut down, even during planning, so there will be no opportunity for street viewing). And the massive balloons will no longer be flown by smiling, uniformed handlers, but instead, driven by utility vehicles to limit the number of people involved.

Last year:

1605129436045.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks