What's new

"Mac & Me": The Classic Finally Comes to DVD (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Got a big press release that mentions 1988's legendary Mac & Me will finally go digital soon. I couldn't get the damned link to work, but Amazon has it up as arriving April 12. Ominously, they call it "fullscreen and subtitled" - odd description, but if fullscreen and subtitled is what it takes to get me some Mac action, so be it!

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
this used to be my favorite movie when i was a little kid, before i realized what a complete ridiculous rip off of e.t. it was. my family STILL makes fun of me for it to this day. honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if they got it for my birthday this year. haha. brings back so many memories...:b

Lev-S

Second Unit
This movie was terrible, and I will buy it. Watching years later, I can't help but laugh when

the kid in the wheelchair goes off the cliff! Not because he is in a wheelchair, but because the editing was pathetic!

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I loved this movie a great deal as a kid. My only hope is that the specs are incorrect, and that it is indeed widescreen. Otherwise, I'll have to pass. I still have the VHS if I need to relive a fond memory.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Mac & Me is great just for the shameless product placement. That and the oddest line reading ever when the little girl says "gimme a CALL sometime - we'll get a BIG Mac!" (Paraphrazing.)

Just a delightfully terrible movie - I can't wait!

Lev-S

Second Unit

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
What utter DISRESPECT to post such a profound spoiler! A pox on you, dear Sir!!!

;)

walter o

Supporting Actor
i dont know how it was advertised in your town, but when this opened where i lived, the newspaper ad had ronald mcdonald on it with the original poster art, waving at you, and the cast credit actually listed "special guest appearence by Ronald McDonald"!!!!!

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Almost worth buying if I can get two other people to watch it with me and we can do the Mystery Science 3000 thing throughout the film.:D

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
The Digital Bits has a cover art for Mac & Me. I remember this movie from my early childhood, I think I only watched it twice and I may pick this one up in the future. Probably not when it fist comes out but once it gets knocked down a few dollars.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Oh my - that art's hilarious! Mac & Me was always an ET rip-off, but that cover art doesn't even attempt to hide that fact. Actually, it plays up the theft! :laugh:

And you're waiting for a price drop??? The thing lists for $15 - how much cheaper does it need to be???

Joe:C

Second Unit
This movie is playing on Flix West right now in widescreen. It's strange they decided to release this full frame only.

Its clearly not a rip-off of E.T. but a "homage".;)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
God I always hated this film....."Mac" looks like he has constant explosive diarrhea...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks