What's new

LVD-2001 calibration (1 Viewer)

Scott C Smith

Auditioning
Hi all,
I just got my Lite-On LVD-2001 player. I got it for the upscaling to 1080i resolution. I did calibrate my tv for NTSC standards using Avia doing the contrast, brightness, hue, etc. I have the Hitachi 36UDX10S HDTV. I set the player to 4:3 Letterbox. I imagine this would be correct. Anyway I used to have the Panny RP-56 and used that to calibrate my tv.

How would I go about calibrating my LVD-2001 for 1080i correctness? I see the player has its own contrast and stuff...should these be set to a specific number? I have firmware version 2.29 and I do have the macrovision disabled as well as the region codes. I did read the 18 pager on LVD-2001 but I am still a little confused on what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Bob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
I have the same tv. But when I try to watch movies in 1080i I get picture problems that look like macrovision interference. It only last for a second or two and almost always happens in the same spot. Have you noticed this? I've tried with macro on and off and region 1 and 0 and only switching to something beside 1080i will stop it. It is definitely the tv because I have it hooked to my projector and don't have the problem. That being said use avia and put the player in 1080i and then make your adjustments. If you get into the service menu there is a section that will show you are in 1080i.

Scott C Smith

Auditioning
I am not getting those problems bob. The only time I see a problem is when I am switching and I get to the PAL section of the resolutions. Anyway, the only thing I am confused about is that I already adjusted my TV using avia with my old panny rp56. I thought this put the tv in compliance with NTSC standards. I did the contrast, brightness, hue, color, etc. Wouldn't this just be standard then for any resolution?

So in other words I have to go back through now and re-do all the settings again for 1080i. But then what would happen if I decide to put the player in 480p...wouldn't it need another calibration? I see the LVD-2001 has its own brightness, contrast, and saturation. Sorry if I am not following. I thought the adjustments I made using avia the first time with the panny was to make the tv in correct brightness, hue, contrast, etc. I wouldn't think you would have to go back through and re-do it everytime you go to a different resolution. Any way thank you for the reply and maybe you can shed some light on this subject for me.

Bob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
The only way to know for sure if the different resolutions affect your previous settings is to try it and see. Put in 1080i and run avia and see if it is different than your current settings. If it is different you will basically have to pick a resolution and stick with it. Because of my problems I use the 480p setting. To be honest I only see a very slight difference between 480p and 1080i and I'm really not sure which I like the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks