What's new

Luxury Car Rental (1 Viewer)

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Howdy, I'm in the process of planning a wedding and need some advice on a car rental. Limos just seem ridiculously expensive to me (roughly $145/3hour period). So I'm thinking about renting a fancy-schmancy car to take from the wedding to the reception and from the reception to the hotel at the airport (about an hour away). My thinking here is that the rental won't cost too much more than long-term parking at the airport during our honeymoon. Problem is, I've kind of got my heart set on renting a Jaguar, but there doesn't seem to be any places around that rent them (I'll be renting in the Greensboro/Winston-Salem, NC area). I have found that Toyota and Ford both do rentals through their dealerships. Does anyone know if Jaguar has a similar program? If anyone has advice or if anyone would like to share good or bad experiences with various rental companies I'd greatly appreciate it.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Once I was picking up a rental at DFW and one of the chains had a Jag, so it is possible to find those at some chains. Check the rental locations at the airports because they may cater to business executives. Also, sometimes there are specialty companies that handle high-end rentals. I know of one in Plano (not that that helps you) that has Jags, Ferraris, Porsches, and even hummers. So look in the yellow pages, I'd check under the words rental, auto lease and rentals, luxury, limos and other terms. You never know where some companies may categorize themselves in the yellow pages.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Seth,
Last year I went to a friends wedding in Georgia where they rented one of the top-end Jags. This was done through a special rental agency (not Avis, etc.) that only deals with the luxury cars. Sorry, I don't know how much...

I would think that these types of rentals would be available in the research triangle of NC...

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
My understanding is that exotic car rentals are very expensive due to liability insurance associated with them. The limo may be equivalent in price or less expensive.

SethH

Senior HTF Member

I don't know. Every service I've found requires 6 hours minimum of service. Additionally, I live in Martinsville, VA which is roughly an hour from Greensboro and Winston-Salem so an hour each way of travel time has to be added in. I can see no way I'd pay less than $300 for a limo.

AjayM

Screenwriter
We used to rent Jaguar S-types, Caddy's, etc from Hertz all the time, cost was typically around $100-125/day. If you want to get something better you'll probably have to go to one of the specialty type places in which case you'll end spending a fortune as the rates are much higher, I've seen E-class Benz's running around $200/day plus 25-50 cents a mile after some pre-determined amount of miles (typically around 50-100 miles).

Another option instead of a full stretch is a "business" taxi service, they typically will drive around in Town Cars and such. You may be able to negotiate a decent rate on something like that.

Andrew

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Friends and I rented a Lincoln Town Car to drive from Spokane to Seattle for a Madonna concert. (Back when she was entertaining, before she developed her snarky attitude issues). They also had Jags, Porsches, etc. but we needed the bigger car. I don't recall what we paid, but it certainly wasn't anything near the price you mentioned, and we had the car for two days.

You should be able to find a Jag, although it may be a bit pricey, you're in a much more populated area than I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks