What's new

LspCad Pro Questions... (1 Viewer)

Eric Eash

Second Unit
okay, i'm starting to design my subwoofer and have a few questions about winISD. i'd like to know is; when i put in the power in watts on the signal tab, is that how much to each woofer or to both?, and also under the vents tab, what does cross area mean? and does vent length mean the total amount of vent spread between all ports or the port length for each port?

eric

Eric Eash

Second Unit
okay, supposing the watts thing is total watts to the box. i put in 900 watts for the dual AV15 with 450 going to each. in this configuration, i have a 500l box tuned to 17hz, 4-5 1/2" ports with 46.13" as vent length, which graphs out my -3db point at 18.6hz@118db. that's loud and what i want, however, i also graphed out a tumult. in a 226.5l box tuned to 16hz, 5-4" ports with vent length 80.22". i gave it 1400w and it plotted out a -3db point at 15.9hz@115db and the same 18.6hz tone as the dual av15 @116db. do my numbers sound right or am i retarded. a single ported tumult with 1400watts putting out only 2db less than a dual AV15 set ported box with 450watts going to each! it doesn't make sense in my mind. also, which one would you guys choose, a dual AV15 or a single tumult. i know the question was asked a while back, have read the hell out of this forum. just wanting some thoughts.

eric

Eric Eash

Second Unit
the earth shook me out of bed this morning, i thought it was my dual AV15's pumping. then i remembered i hadn't built it yet and that it was only an earthquake. hopefully in a month or two, i'll be able to show that earthquake how to really shake this house.

eric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks