What's new

Lord of the Rings Credits - Fan club (1 Viewer)

Jalil

Stunt Coordinator
My name will be in the credits for all 3 movies. The lithographs themselves if bought seperatly are worth more then what we paid. Besides the wonderfull fan club magazine we get, the 10% off the fan club store, and the fact that our names are in the credits of the movie.

i'm very happy that i joined up. Having my name on one of the best dvds of all time, and chances are the next 2 dvds are going to be just as good, is very cool.

Kami

Screenwriter
Not really, only the ones from which had the disposible income to trow away on such an ordeal.
Yeah, being as poor-ass college students like myself are just rolling in the green stuff. :laugh:
Come on guys, you get more of Shore's music, plus they run AFTER the actual credits. Is it really THAT...MUCH....of a bother?
Like others have said, the main draw for me was the bi-monthly magazine (which is great) and the lithographs (still looking proud up on the wall). These credits are just a little extra. At first I didn't care but once I saw my name there (in the middle no less) you could say there was a little grin on my face. Plus the fact I can show it off to my buddies :D
As Chuck said, sorry for ruining your DVD. ;)

Jalil

Stunt Coordinator
Like others have said, the main draw for me was the bi-monthly magazine (which is great) and the lithographs (still looking proud up on the wall).
curious, how did you hang them up?
you frame them, or laminate, or simply push pinned them up?
i know if you buy the litho's seperately, they are 20 bucks each..

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I know it may sound like a foreign concept...but what don't you just turn off the DVD after the regular credits?

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Randall Dorr said:
As opposed to the magnificently thrilling end credits found at the end of most films?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Personally, I wish I had KNOWN about this whole "Charter member" thing. I think it would have been cool to see my name in a credit-roll. ;)
(And I agree with the others that the extra music is worth it...) :)

John H Ross

Screenwriter
Oh don't get me wrong, listening to Howard Shore's music is the ONLY reason I even tolerated sitting through this list once!

Yes, I love Howard Shore - I was even lucky enough to MEET him just after he wrote his Fellowship masterpiece - but make no mistake, the complete score WILL eventually be released on CD, so what will we have to gain from watching this endless scroll then?!? Besides which, that great last few minutes of score he wrote for the credits is now dimished because... well, it no longer finishes off the score, it merely leads to reprises of other cues...

Again, I have no objection to this list appearing on the disc. But it should not have been added to the credit roll of the film.

Thank God it wasn't a Star Trek film, with a list of Trekkies... they'd have needed an extra disc just for the credits!!

John

Kami

Screenwriter
curious, how did you hang them up?
you frame them, or laminate, or simply push pinned them up?
i know if you buy the litho's seperately, they are 20 bucks each..
Frames. And yes you can buy some of them seperately but there was 4 of them that only charter members got and they aren't sold seperately.

Rob T

Screenwriter
Yes, I love Howard Shore - I was even lucky enough to MEET him just after he wrote his Fellowship masterpiece - but make no mistake, the complete score WILL eventually be released on CD, so what will we have to gain from watching this endless scroll then?!?
Not all of us would buy the soundtrack.
Besides, the songs are DVD quality in DD5.1 (and DTS6.1) and CDs can't match that, IMO. :)

Furryfeet

Auditioning
Real Name
Gail
The fan club membership was a birthday gift to me and I love that my name falls about 9 minutes into the Fan club credits. It's one of those "look up nerd in the dictionary and my picture is there" moments. Plus, it gave my 16 yr old daughter something to laugh about.

Furryfeet

Auditioning
Real Name
Gail
Originally, the fan club credits were supposed to be on all DVD editions of the movie. Way more people than were ever expected signed up for the fan club. There were some disappointed people when it was announced that the credits wouldn't be on the regular DVD. There were a few reasons, but one was Peter Jackson was so impressed with the giant 19 minute scroll that he asked Howard Shore to make the new score for those credits. Time and room were also tight on getting the DVD out.

For some people, getting their name in the credits was the main reason to be a charter member. Only charter members could get in the credits, so you can't add your name any more. Depending on how many years you signed up for, that was how many of the movies you have your name in the additional credits. It could be that for The Two Towers, there will be the fan credits in both editions. It will be a shorter list.

As for money value, just the lithographs that fan received is worth it for some people. The fan club magazine is quite wonderful. For those two parts of membership, I think every fan who signed up got their money worth. Being able to see your name in the credits is pretty cool as well. My children got a kick out of seeing my name and made me show some of their friends.

Neil
I don't think I knew about the credits at the time. I don't remember it being in the welcome pkg literature, but itvwas a looong time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks