What's new

Lord Jim. Has it ever been released on Blu-ray? (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Danger, Will Robinson...this comes from Spain.

Yeah, there are no legal, legitimate Blu-ray releases of this film in any territory in the world. Someone from Spain is pirating the streaming HD version by putting it on a disc and selling it illegally.

The legal choices customers seeking this title have are either the standard definition DVD, or the digital HD version available from digital retailers like iTunes/Vudu/Prime.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
The legal choices customers seeking this title have are either the standard definition DVD, or the digital HD version available from digital retailers like iTunes/Vudu/Prime.
I would avoid the iTunes version, as well. It’s cropped to 16:9.

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter
If this deluxe French version of Lord Jim is a bootleg, it is the most exquisite one ever made! The included media book is 204 pages and both a DVD & BR are included. Not the best quality BR I own but, entirely within format specs.
20240303_202100.jpg
20240303_202143.jpg
20240303_202238.jpg

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I also own the legitimate French blu ray release of LORD JIM. The PQ is not stellar for blu ray but it is in its proper aspect ration

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The French release on the Wild Side label, has a distributed by Warner Bros logo but has no Sony or Columbia logos. It gives the copyright date of the film as 1965, renewed 1993 by Pax Incorporated. Very curious.

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter
"My Movies" adds this info (in French). Colombia is mentioned along with Warner Home Vidio.
Screenshot_20240304_083928_My Movies Pro.jpg

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter
Columbia is mentioned on the box, but Warner probably had the european video distribution deal with Columbia as they both shared the same lot from 1972 until the 90's and were known as The Burbank Studios
Screenshot_20240304_085942_My Movies Pro.jpg

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
If this deluxe French version of Lord Jim is a bootleg, it is the most exquisite one ever made! The included media book is 204 pages and both a DVD & BR are included. Not the best quality BR I own but, entirely within format specs.
View attachment 215081 View attachment 215082 View attachment 215083
stunning, I have purchased many French Blu-ray's, thy do greeat work. My only issue is that all of the Bonus content is not English friendly. I purchesed the 1930s releases of The Count of Monte Vristo, Man in the Iron Mask, the Corsican Brothers and Caliostro (Black Magic). All were wonderful prints, very clean... not when it came to all the wonderful in depth bonus features , in French only and no suntitles of any kind???

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
When LORD JIM is on TCM , it is shown in its widescreen aspect ratio.
I don't understand why Sony won't change the cropped 1.85 version on iTunes , VUDU or Amazon to the widescreen version

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter
Have you checked to see if the subtitles are available for a thumb drive download? If your player has a USB input the subs will show up as "other" on the subtitle menu. They may not be available for bonus material, but I have the French 4K of "Eiffel" and the thumb drive is small enough to keep in the corner of the disc case.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks