What's new

Looks like NBA Street vol. 2 is out a lil' early ... (1 Viewer)

Frederick

Second Unit
Because it's sitting on my desk next to me :D . Oh, the pain! Two and a half more hours `till I get to play hoops! I finished the first Street, all the clothes, all the courts, everything. Can't wait to dig into this one ...

Freddy C.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
EGAD! I wonder where you got it....
Hmmm.
If there were only a way for you to send me a Personal Message....

I'd LOOOOVE to play this one early.

I remember getting the Original NBA Jam for the Sega Genesis on the day before street date...it was utter elation!

Frederick

Second Unit
:emoji_thumbsup: I only got a chance to go to "School" and play a quick game, but so far I'm a happy camper! Lots of gameplay options. I played a game with no trick points and no gamebreakers, just straight 3-on-3. There are new tricks, like kicking it off your foot as a pass, and the ability to pass it to one player while controlling another. And get this: Double Game Breakers! You can hold on to your first game breaker while building up another. I was only able to see this in School, but it was neat! I'm working on something with my son so I probably won't be able to get to it again tonight, but so far I have no complaints. I'll report more once I get more play time in ...

Freddy C.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
I got mine yesterday as well. I'm really digging it. Graphics and soundsare pretty amazing, and I can see how much fun this will be with a couple of friends!

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like quite a few shops are breaking street date. The Gamestop where I got mine was very obvious that it was out.

Very nice in 480p for Xbox.

Bob East

Agent
I'm trying to decide whether to get this on Xbox or PS2. I have the Innovation converter for Xbox which allows you to use PS2 controllers on the Xbox. I have used it on many games and enjoyed it(although I'm happy with the S controller for Xbox). If anyone else has the chance to try the Innovation converter with this game, I would appreciate your comments on the playability vs the PS2 version. Or if anyone has the chance to play both versions I'd love to here your comments as well. Thanks!

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Great question, I would prefer the xbox version because of the better load times and 4 controller support but the fact that the game only has 3 turbo buttons with an xbox controller made it a definite no when compared to the ps2 version.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
As someone who played the original NBA Street (For PS2) and now has NBA Street 2 (For XBOX), I can say that the XBox Controls are fine.

Really.

It does take some getting used to, I'll admit.

However, no matter which one you get, you can't go wrong.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
IGN reported in there video head to head that On the Xbox and Gamecube version there were only 3 turbo buttons L, R, and Left thumbstick and L, R, and Z respectivly, which lead to less control over which turbo move you pulled off. That was my only concern.

Bob,

Get the Xbox version. It's "Off The Heezy"! :D The graphics and controls are pretty tight. :emoji_thumbsup: I did not find them to be an issue at all. In fact, the controls will remind you of EA's SSX games. As far as the graphics, I don't see the PS2 looking this good. LOL!

I never played the first version of NBA Street, but this one I couldn't pass up. Mainly because I'm an old school / new school type of guy. :D Bought the game yesterday after work and wound up playing for about three hours before I got sleepy. :D

I really see this game as being big fun with some friends. With all of the slick moves that you can do in this game, I see a lot of trash talking going on! Enjoy! :D

Peace!

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Is it 16:9? 720p? at least 480p? I couldn't see any of these marked on the case when I checked it out today in GS.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I'm still debating which version to get.

I know the PS2 has more buttons and the game uses them better as well, but I have the GC version of NBA Street, and got used to the controls on that one as well... ugh.

Glen

Christopher_H

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Glen,

I have the GameCube version and think it plays fine. My only complaint is that the loading screens are compressed so much, they are pixelated. Not a big issue.

Oh and I heard PS2 version has extras like making of type videos, trick videos, and a preview of SSX3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks