What's new

Looking for suggestion on CD changers 200+ disks (1 Viewer)

Luke D

Agent
Hi,
I am looking for suggestions on CD Changers at least 200 disks. I have been looking at the Sony CDP-CX350, CDP-CX450,CX455 and the Pioneer PD-F1039. Does anyone have experience with those units or should I research a different brand.

I would like the following:

- 200 or more disks
- Does CD-R/RW +MP3
- Can do CD-Text and allow you to name the tracks (if needed) (Sony does not do)
- On Screen Display
- Allows some sort of PC Naming or CCDB lookup. (Sony does not do)

My budget is $300.00. My receiver is a Sony STR-DA4ES

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Actually - my Sony 200CD ES changer can do the CD-Text. As for mp3s - I think that might be incorporated into their new DVD/CD changer but I'm not sure and I've heard those don't perform so well on the CD side.

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
One popular solution to the track naming/CDDB lookup problem is to make a backup of all your CD's onto CD-R's, and include CD-Text information on them. That's what I've been doing, and has the nice side benefit of allowing me to place my original CD's in carrying cases to bring with me on trips.

You might also want to add the Sony DVP-CX985V to your list, as it also plays SACDs (and DVD's for that matter). Seems like a nice unit, although more expensive, of course.

BTW, there is at least one device that allows you to control Sony CD changers by computer via their s-link port (goes by the name Slink-e, I believe). If you like to have an extra bit of control over the changer you might want to look into it.

Happy shopping :)
-- Dave

Kenny_H

Stunt Coordinator
I currently own the following Sony CD changers, CDP-CX300 (300 discs), CDP-CX450, CDP-CX455 (400 discs ea)and Sony DVD/CD changers, DVP-CX860, DVP-CX875P (301 discs ea). The CD changers and the DVP-CX875P will play CDR-RW discs. Earlier DVP-CX860 models will only play CD-RW discs. All of the changers will display CD Text, although, how the disc is encoded will dictate if it will or will not display each track listing. For on-screen display, only the CDP-CX450 and the DVD-CD changers have this feature. For current info on CCDB control, please check www.nirvis.com. I do not have any MP3 discs, but the CDP-CX455 (and the CDP-CX355, 300 disc, which I DO NOT have) are the only players listed to play them. At the moment, only the CDP-CX355/455 and DVP-CX985V changers are current.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks