What's new

Looking for new DVD retailer (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Mims

Auditioning
I'm looking for a new source for DVDs. My soon to be former, retailer made an error and sent me duplicate orders. (3 DVDs in each order..in separate shipments). Ok, a mistake..no big deal. So I send back one order, unopened, and they promise to give me a refund, but not for my return shipping. What's more is I had made a preorder the same day, and it was also duplicated. I notified them of this two days before they shipped it out..now I have another duplicate order. (only 1 DVD this time). I feel like I should not have to pay for return shipping, as this is the fault of the dealer. There is no dispute, they admit this was their error. I don't know how to return discs for credit, other than paying for shipping.
That I've been a loyal customer for years (pre-DVD) seems to make no difference. They would rather lose a customer, to save a few bucks. The kicker is, if I were returning a defective DVD, they would send me a postage paid return label.
I'd like to know some favorites here.
Thank you
-Jeff Mims

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
My favorites are deepdiscountdvd and dvdempire and digialeyes.net
I use whichever has the lowest price or coupon.
See dvdpricesearch for price comparisons.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Jeff, you shouldn't have had to pay for return shipping if the package was unopened. All you would have had to do is indicate "package refused - unordered material" on the package and the post office would have had to return it.

I've done this before without too much difficulty. I've even done this when I got a package (unordered) and opened it to see what was inside. The post office grumbled a little bit about this last situation, but once I explained it, they sent it.

Steve

Jeff_Mims

Auditioning
Thanks guys. I just placed an order with DVD Empire, I'll see how they do. As for Digital Eyes, they were the retailer I was complaining about.
-Jeff

Jay Gunn

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff, Digital Eyes was bought out awhile back and ever since then, people have been having horrible experiences with their service.
I've been ordering from DVD Empire for four years and I have not once ever had a single problem with them. Their prices aren't the lowest I've ever seen, but it's better than most places, and their pre-orders are almost always 30% off.
I swear by their service, so as long as they keep it up I'll stick with them as my primary retailer.

Jeff_Mims

Auditioning
Jay-
Thanks. I thought Mark Harrill had sold Digital Eyes, but wasn't sure. I never saw his name associated with them anymore. Mark is a 1st class guy, and I never had this kind of problem with him at the helm.I agree with the comments about the service, things have changed.
The first order DE refused to pay return shipping. The second duplicate order (yes, the 2ND one)..consisted of one DVD. I was also getting another DVD, so I got three seperate boxes. I couldn't refuse shipment, because I didn't know which box had the DVDs I actually ordered. Nevermind this was brought to their attention...BEFORE they shipped, as it involved a preorder. DE gave a me a link to print out a prepaid postage return label for this order.
Keep in mind, DE steadfastly refused to give me a link, mail me a prepaid label..anything on the first duplicate order. I want to stress again, this was their fault that a duplicate order was shipped. They agree it was their error. I can't understand why they wouldn't pay return shipping. I mean..I did KEEP one of the orders.
When it's all said and done, Digital Eyes has lost a longtime customer over this. I can't understand their reasoning. I'm also not losing any sleep. Too many other places that sell DVDs.

-Jeff

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Hey Jeff,

Mark is still with DigitalEyes, and frequently answers questions over at DVDTalk in the store and bargain forums. If you posted something over there I am sure he would respond and help you with your problem. I have had to do a few returns at DigitalEyes with defective DVDs and there was no problem getting them to pay for return postage. Sounds like you probably just happened to get a bad CSR.

But otherwise you should be more then happy with DVDEmpire's service. Also I don't know if you are aware of it since no one mentioned it, but DVDEmpire does offer an assortment of monthly and weekly coupons good for DVD orders. You can sign up on their website to have the coupons emailed to you, or there is a thread located in the DVDTalk bargain forum that usually has all the current coupon codes listed. If you use the codes along with the free shipping it can help save a few extra dollars.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Mark is indeed close to DE still, although not directly connected to the shipment process. When I have an occasional problem, I e-mail him (he's a rather busy guy now) and he's always taken care of it in a satisfactory way. I guess you should give it a try, but of course that's just my opinion as a happy customer there since 1997.

Cees

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I buy 99.9% of my DVDs from DVD Empire. I love their pre-order system. I've never had any problem with them. I don't use their USPS shipping options since they are not insured. I use the UPS option. I don't want to take a chance on something happening. The UPS ground option gets the DVDs to me on release day, but I live in Ohio, so those who live further away from Pennsylvania may have a different delivery experience. :) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks