What's new

looking for amp suggestions/paired w/Yam 1400 (1 Viewer)

AricB

Second Unit
I have been looking into picking up a used Parasound probably a 1500a(or possibly OUtlaw, or Aragon 8008), is what I'm thinking. But so far I havent found hardly anyone with a parasound amp(or the others) being run with a Yamaha rxv-1400(what I intend to use) or other Yam receiver to tell me how it will affect the sound or if it will? or what to expect?

My goal is to give more power to my mains which are Mirage OM-10's, thier a bipolar design floor standing speaker(with drivers firing forwards and backwards), with an 89db sensitivity rating. my rears are Mirage Omni 250's floor standing of an omni polar design, but I think their rated at 92db(obviously easier for the receiver to drive). Center is a mirage center.

I listen to a lot of hi res surround music as well as, music dvd's and movies. I would like to improve the sound quality and be able to increase the volume of the system as a whole, but I think it's the fronts that really need more power? That's the thinking with the 2ch amp addition vs, adding a 5 channel. That the Yam is enough to drive center and rears, an possibly a zone 2 on occasion, and the amp for the fronts.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

dannyG

Agent
I had a 1400 with Onix Rockets and I used a 3ch Adcom 5503 at 200 watts per ch. It sounded great. I sold the Adcom and bought a 5ch B&K 7250 200 watts per ch. to replace it. WOW! the B&K added alot of detail and headroom.

I just sold my 1400 though and I have my B&K for sale. I am going with a complete Rotel setup.

Good Luck
Danny

mackie

Supporting Actor
Outlaw amps are a good choice too. They have monoblocks, 5 ch and 7ch amps to choose from. The customer service is great and they have a generous return policy. All things equal - output, flat frequency response, not being driven into clipping - the amps will sound very similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks