1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a working LaserDisc player...

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Mark B, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Actor

Mark
    ...with remote that someone here would like to sell for a reasonable price.

2. JohnRice

JohnRice Executive Producer

John
    Well, I have a Pioneer Elite dual side model. I'll have to check the model number, with remote. Hadn't considered selling it, even though it hasn't been turned on in years. But, it really is just one of those things cluttering up the house. I even have the shipping screw, to secure the laser.

3. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Actor

Mark
    I'm definitely interested in finding out more about this player.

4. JohnRice

JohnRice Executive Producer

John
    I couldn't remember what it was. It's a CLD-D701. The main drawback is it doesn't have AC-3 built-in. It needs a mod for that. I thought it was an Elite, and it is styled like Elite components, with gold connections and fancy gold script. I think it might have been before the Elite brand was created. I can't remember. The remote should work fine. I really need to connect it and play one of the LDs I have sitting around. I still have a couple. Do you need one with AC-3? I'm the original owner. I bought it at a big catalog showroom type store in Connecticut. The name escapes me at the moment.

5. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Actor

Mark
    Thank you for the details. I don't need AC-3. Just looking to transfer my collection to digital, and my Pioneer CLD-990 bit the dust a few discs into the process. Need to be able to access alternate audio, which typically requires the remote to change tracks.

6. David Norman

David Norman Producer

The Elites existed at that point -- at least CLD91 (??31 probably came out that years as well) and LDS2 came out in 1990, the 52/92/95 in 1992, and legendary 97 in 1993 . The 701 came out in late 1992. I originally bought a 3090 in 1991 and had constant issues with it and Pioneer eventually switched it for the 701 which worked wonderfully for several years of pretty heavy play. The Elite 59/79/99 came out out in 1995 and were mostly based on the 703/704 chassis were the last of the Dedicated Elite LDP.

The last Elite LD player were DV/LD combo players 90 in 1997 and the impressive 91 in 1998

I actually thought the 1986 LDS1 was an Elite (and $2000 price tag) since it had the same styling and 'wood' side panels, but it actually wasn't branded as such