What's new

Looking for a good lower end dvd player (1 Viewer)

RyanCC

Grip
Hi, I just recieved a toshiba dvd player and it died after a disc or two the day after I got it. Taking it back to the store and just thought I should get feedback before looking again. I have heard that a lot of people think the Pioneer low end dvd player is the best, but I have also heard this about the panasonic (29s?). Could you guys please recommend the best dvd player in this range?

One more question. Where can you find an optical digital audio cable that would be in the range of 16-20 feet long?

Thanks for any help in advance!

-Ryan C.

John Titan

Stunt Coordinator
Ryan,

I have a three toshiba dvd players (one is maybe 6-7 yeards old when dvd players started around 500$)All three have worked great. You probably just got a bad one, it happens. What's your budget? I know samsung makes preety decent dvd players (for the money)check these out. The dvd-hd 950 plays SACD+DVD-audio which is great for the money. Go to www.Bhphotovideo.com They've got good prices on them.

JustinG

Stunt Coordinator
The Philips 642 is a very highly rated player that is very inexpensive. I just bought one for my bedroom and it's pretty neat.

It will play Divx/Xvid and also does PAL to NTSC conversion on the fly. Most retailers are selling around $60.

RyanCC

Grip
btw, the price range is 50-80 dollars US. i read in consumer reports that the panasonic was good, but heard from other people that the pioneer was good...

i know that i prolly just had bad luck, but its hard to go back to the same product that went bad on you.

edit: wow the phillips looks really good!

RyanCC

Grip
thanks for the help, im not sure about the phillips, there have been a lot of people complaining about the lack of good customer support/service.

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel
Take a look at the Cyberhome player. I bought one a while back and it's worked great, especially for the price!

And you get a lot of features with that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks