What's new

London gathering for the Two Towers opening performance - Dec 18th. (1 Viewer)

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Title speaks for itself.

Dan, I take it we're still go. I have the day booked off work so just waiting for you to do your usual stuff with the tickets.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Yes we are still go. I expect tickets to be going on sale in a week or two and I will be booking them so whoever wants to come down should say so asap so I know how many too book for.
As per last year with Fellowship, only tickets for the Royal Circle seating area upstairs at the odeon will do and the cost of tickets during the day in that area cost £6.50.
We'll be planning for the first showing on the 18th as we did with FOTR last December, and I believe that showing was around 11:45am, so we can expect much the same this time round for Two Towers.
If we limit to about 8 people it should be good to go get us all seated together upstairs. Good ish size group to then head off after for food. We can discuss the possibility of more coming, I just need to think about my credit card here. :D More are welcome to book themselves in for the same performance and meet up with us for that and lunch of course! It'd be wonderful!
So far confirmed:
Myself
My Brother
Rob Gillespie
Friend of Rob's
Scott MacD
Anyone wanting to stick around for an evening viewing after we're done with lunch, I salute you and may well do it myself. :) The road goes ever on and on....
Dan

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
I expect tickets to be going on sale in a week or two and I will be booking them so whoever wants to come down should say so asap
Dan, I'd like to come down to London for a day, as we discussed before on ICQ. I hope this is fine with you, Rob. It'd be nice to meet some fellow HTF members for the first time.

Keep me posted, and we'll sort something out.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
God I wish I could make it to London...that would be an unforgettable experience.

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
I'm pleased you talked me into this one..
FWIW, I've never been to London either, time to do some sightseeing, before the second showing. :D

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
I now have two reasons to be grumpy.

1) I can't get the day off, so I'll have to wait until an evening or weekend showing.

2) My wife's friend has just informed me she has a ticket to the big celeb premiere, but not a spare one for me, despite the fact that we're taking her to Potter on Sunday.

AAARRRGH!!!

By the way, does anyone know if tickets are on sale yet?

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
They're not yet Iain. I'm seeing Potter on Friday at the Odeon and can hopefully ask then. FOTR tickets went on sale there about a month prior to release, so it should be very soon.

Dan

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
*UPDATE*
Rang the Odeon up this morning to see what the deal is, it's not been entered into their computer yet but I was given a nice vague "this week" from the girl.
I'll bug them daily on this I think. I'll be in town on Thursday to see 007, so if I can get to the Odeon I'll press them on it in person. If I can do it in person, I can be VERY specific on our seating.
Last yeard, it was fair to say the Royal Circle was farly full, although I booked our seats there for us a week after they went on sale, although that did see us in the right hand block upstairs in the RC, whilst this time I am aiming for the centre section. The timing of our showing that morning will be in our favour I am sure, but given the success and brilliance of FOTR, I think Two Towers may see even more bunking off work come the 18th. :D
Dan

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
WE'RE BOOKED, and gentlemen, we have kick arse seats third row back in the central block of the Royal Cirlce.
C 15 to 19 (Royal Cirlce)
11:40am on Dec 18th.
£34.50 for the five inc the Credit Card surcharge. We can work out repayment on the day chaps. Also on the day, we can decide if any of us want to take in an evening showing after we've eaten. This will be left up to the five of us on the day as obviously, Scott and Rob both have some ways to travel in getting home.... I AM up for it though. :D
Dan

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Picked up the tickets today, they are stowed safely in m,y wallet precious, my precious. I wonts hurts them precious...
Our showing should end just before 3pm. There is another at 3:40. Chris isn't up for 7hrs in a cinema with a 40 min interval.... I would be, if either Scott or Rob could handle it. :) The showing after that is 7:20pm, and the 7:20 showings are pretty much sold out from the 18th until Christmas.
Dan

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Yes for the 11:40am unless you are happy to book your own ticket and sit elswhere. I've not yet booked for a 3 something showing. If you want to come to that 11:40, Paul, I am meeting Scott in town early so you'd be welcome to join us whilst I show him the "sites" of tramps, hookers, junkies, fading architecture and dirty streets that form dear London. :)
That second showing is at 3:40 as I state above... Royal Cirlce is sold out for this, so I will probably try and get the best I can for the section behind that. Scott and Rob are in for doubles, still trying to coax my brother into it. Once I have (and damn it, I will :D ) I will be booking for that showing too if there are any decent seats left upstairs.
Dan

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Half of the west end must be skipping work, school and college as the 3:40 showing is all sold out on the 18th, so we're only left with out 11:40am tickets fellas. :frowning:
Dan

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Ok then, 11:40am on the 18th will be;

Myself
My Brother
Rob Gillespie
Scott MacD
Paul Dalmaine

£6.50 each for the tickets chaps.

Dan

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Ok, tomorrow is as follows;

Rob and I will be getting into london at a little after 9:30am and will be able to meet both Scott and Paul outside the Odeon between then and 10am. We'll perhaps grab a coffee (I have an errand to run in Oxford street at some point if time permits) and my brother, Chris, will meet us at the Odeon at around 11.

Two Towers at the big Odeon at 11:40am. 5 of us booked, superb 3rd row royal circle seats. £6.20 each.

Lunch after, lots of time to relax and eat. Paul has said he can't join us for lunch so it'll just be myself, Chris, Rob and Scott, after that Chris must depart as he has a busy evening.

The 3 of us who remain can get the central line from Tottenham Court Road to Marble Arch, where I now have tickets booked (Row E; 1, 2 and 3 apparently) for the 16:40 showing of Two Towers in screen 4. Film should be finished by 8pm... £6 each for those tickets.

See you tomorrow fellas,

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks