What's new

Locked threads: could admins state who they are when locking? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Two locked threads today (one software, one after hours), neither have the admin's post at the end. One was kind of obvious, the other unknown why it was closed, and had the admin posted I could have emailed them asking why.
Thanks.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, the SW thread managed to degenerate almost as soon as it had started. I guess that's the 'obvious' one you refer too. We're expecting a lot of messages when the main sites release their reviews on Tue/Wed and we will not be letting them get like that.
But in AH - I'm looking at the threads from the past two days and can't seen any that have been closed. Two have been moved to other areas (one to Computer, one to Building An HT) - is this what you mean?
------------------
Link Removed
"One does not simply walk into Mordor."
Link Removed

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yes, the Star Wars one closed for good reason, and the post moving one was the other, but there was no indication why it was closed or where it went. That is why it would be helpful if the admin could just post a quickie reply what was happening.
I didn't mean for you to go hunting BTW. :)
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, when threads are moved the script automatically puts in a little message at the top of the page which includes the link to the thread in the new area. This is why we don't often post to explain what happened (our post counts would go through the roof, believe me). I know one got moved to 'Computers/HTPC' but I think the other ended up in 'Building A Home Theater'.
------------------
Link Removed
"One does not simply walk into Mordor."
Link Removed

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
If you're talking about the Basement Support Post thread, I can corroborate that that was pretty confusing for a while. Rob may not be aware of this, but when that thread was first moved, there was no indication at the top of the thread in After Hours that it had been moved. On a whim, I decided to look at it in the Building a Home Theater area, and I found it. But it was locked there, too (it had a padlock on it), and clicking on it resulted in a "Not Found" error from the server. It was like this for longer than a day. then the thread disappeared completely from the Building area!
I just now checked, though, and everything seems to be okay. The thread is alive and well in the Building area, just like Rob says.
So I guess we can just chalk this one up to a server glitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks